7 of swords reversed in a relationship?

ladyofhearts

how would you read the 7 of swords reversed in a relationship reading? the 7 of swords upright means someone sneaking away. ( rider-waite). i always read this card as someone who is not exactly on the, "up and up." to me the 7 of swords reversed in a relationship reading would mean someone who doesn't want to sneak around or cheat. maybe fear of getting caught. kinda drops those swords they were running away with, (sneaking, cheating), to be more honest in the relationship. any insight on this one? or maybe they got caught or had a close call? interpretations appreciated!

nisaba

Someone who's not very good at the sneaking-round stuff, who would love to do it but doesn't dare?

Or someone who's been sneaked-round on.

The last time that card came out in a pre-relationship for me, the person concerned had built a whole complex farrago of lies about their past, and later became violent (but that was upright).

3 of Cups

I always see the 7 of Swords as a card that involves "strategy" in a situation that can not be confronted head-on; at its most negative it means lies, plotting, or even self-sabotage.

I think the meaning ultimately would depend on the other cards and if it appears frequently in readings about the relationship. I often see reversed cards as directed directed inward. This means that there could be something hidden (or sneaky, as was already pointed out)--something that is not on the "up and up."

I often got this card (both reversed and upright) when I was having a relationship with a man who wouldn't commit. Direct tactics didn't seem to work, so I was always trying to come up with a more subtle means (a strategy) for deepening the relationship. Ultimately, I ended up deceiving myself--no matter what "strategy" I used, he was always on guard.

Thirteen

3 of Cups said:
I often got this card (both reversed and upright) when I was having a relationship with a man who wouldn't commit. Direct tactics didn't seem to work, so I was always trying to come up with a more subtle means (a strategy) for deepening the relationship. Ultimately, I ended up deceiving myself--no matter what "strategy" I used, he was always on guard.
I really like the idea of 7/Swords rx being that you "deceive yourself." :thumbsup: That makes so much sense! And I very much agree with you and Nisaba. 7/Swords often warns the querent that devious, tricky, even cheating ways are the only ways to achieve this or that goal. And even if they want to be honest, this isn't the time.

rx would say to me that any sort of trick or cheat, whether necessary or not to achieve the goal, is going to backfire. Whatever the situation, the trickiness or sneakiness or cheating is going to land them in more trouble than it's worth. Like some sort of I Love Lucy episode where an elaborate, sneaky plan goes horribly wrong.

The person is tricking themselves, not anyone else.

balenciaga

I tend to view the 7 sw rx as someone who revisits the "scene of the crime" or who revisits the situation in terms of "remorse" - feels remorse for having "snuck away", making their escape. Like someone sneaking out before saying goodbye and feeling bad about it. Or just feeling as if the way things went weren't done the right way, so they feel the need to revisit it and they feel remorse for it. "Unfinished business" is the term that comes to mind.

Gypsyspell

I remember this card appeared for me when i befriended someone-i still dont particularly like-long story-for a singular opportunity. -naughty naughty me!-To me it symbolises 'Acts of low cunning', manipulation in order to get what you want, not being on the up and up or above board as said . I have seen it in other respects (for me indicated by placement of the card and was Rev)where i have been unable to trust others also have been deceived by superficial /deceitful people. There is an association with theft -but i personally have not experience this card as such, yet!

Aladdin

A book by Joseph D' Agostino, TAROT The Path to Wisdom (Samuel Weiser Inc.)
first published in 1976 gives a reversed seven of swords as "troubles through women" as one possibility.
Upright he suggests "faithful and earnest in affairs of the heart". Don't know about this, yet an alternative projection from the 'norm' is probably a very healthy thing.

Surja76

7 of swords right position means that person has a wish to be involved to relationships but he is enemy to his or her own wish. There is not enough efforts from his or her side to make first step. Ghosts from the past of unpleasant love experience follow this person and she or he mistakenly projects his or her past to the future partners. He or she scared something and just gathering information about new object of possible love. He or she peer to this person and see how he will act in different situations from the side, hiding her or his real feelings this time.
For woman this card means that she has long tale of relationships in the past and she had rich sexual experience, she experienced but cold heart.

7 of sword RX - this position means fully ignorance from the side of your partner. This card means that you are neglected at all.
If this card for stable relationships it means that these relationships will not reach the time of wedding bells, at the last moment loved person can be scared of something, go to the edged and refuse from relationships.

northsea

7 of Swords rx in a relationship could mean they have hidden thoughts or motives.... not necessarily sneaking or cheating though, maybe just some dislike they're reluctant to share with you, could be as mundane as putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way.

Spinner

How about "Daring Lone Wolf"

This card always has the connotation of a daring raider, a lone wolf. If you take the "easy way out", Rx would be not a gambler and wants to work as a team? Whatcha think?