Scorpio men - is this true?

Miss Woo

It's my dream to be with a Scorpio man (no, this isn't my way of trying to pick up on AT LOL)... I just found this article with advice on how to get a Scorpio man to marry/commit to you...

Are there any Scorpio men out there and is this true?

Here are 7 Commandments to Follow if You Want to Get a Scorpio Man to the Altar

1. Be a woman who inspires the Scorpio man intellectually. A misunderstanding among many of Scorpio’s dates is that the Scorpio man is simply turned on by sex. Not true. Scorpios rival air signs in their need for intellectual stimulation. Remember this is a brooding sign, constantly examining both feelings and ideas.

2. Be someone who stands out and is different from the women around her. Scorpio is not looking for the popular chick. He is looking for the one who is brave enough to be individualistic. When a Scorpio man walks into the room, he scans it for the woman who is not like the others in some powerful way. Sometimes, it’s the super quiet and composed one, while at other times, it’s the most rambunctious one — but it is always the distinct one.

3. Be someone who has high standards – classy, full of self-respect, with the ability to bring out the best in the Scorpio Man. Scorpio men tend to evolve for the women they love, leaving petty Scorpio traits and behaviors behind if they are pressured to elevate.

4. Be a woman who knows how to encourage and leverage Scorpio’s talents to make him even greater professionally and personally. Scorpio men are often not ambitious in business; however, a sharp, efficient women can bring out their productive (and professionally competitive) side.

5. Be a woman who can come off her high horse in the bedroom and be extremely lustful with a bag full of secret and constantly changing techniques.

6. Be a woman who gets the Scorpio man’s brand of humor. Who says Scorpios aren’t funny? They DO have humor, it’s just full of cynicism and sarcasm. This is routinely offensive to some, so the Scorpio man will appreciate the woman who truly finds his quips amusing.

7. Be a woman whom he can trust to stand by him and fight when he feels the world is against him — which is often for a Scorpio man. A Scorpio man doesn’t have time for fragile damsels; they need dames who can double as reliable, tough wingmen when needed.

A Scorpio man proposes only once he’s played the field, compared the top potential mates, and has no doubt the the chosen woman is his twin flame.

http://scorpioland.org/scorpio-man-woman-especially-hes-marry/

Dara

I dated a Scorpio man before and I can vouch for a few things. In my experience with him, most of this is true to an extant. 1 and 2 are especially true.

However, I am an Aquarius and are signs didn't match up very well. It was full of lust and intensity but very strong communication problems. Scorpios can be deceptive and manipulative (more than an Aquarius can be). And they can be unfaithful (they play the field to compare potential mates is very right). Quite a terrifying rollercoaster, albeit a very passionate and exciting one.

Do you have a man in mind who is a Scorpio? This seems kind of strange that you would seek type of guy out because you know how to win him over. I would say seek out the type of guy that best suits you, then find out how to win him over (I don't know if you already did this). Better yet, I say the best loves come when you aren't looking for it. :)

Minderwiz

It's my dream to be with a Scorpio man (no, this isn't my way of trying to pick up on AT LOL)... I just found this article with advice on how to get a Scorpio man to marry/commit to you...

Well until I took up Astrology I could have sworn I was a Scorpio man because the newspapers told me so in those horoscope columns. Now I now I missed out by fifteen minutes of arc (and six hours of time). :( :(

Looking at the list, I'd say they applied to most men, they would certainly apply to me LOL.

The approach though is simplistic. More important than Sun sign is the Ascendant, and you can be a Sun Scorpio and have any sign as your Ascendant (including Scorpio). Those horoscope columns actually assume you were born at dawn and thus your Sun is exactly on the Ascendant. There's also the small matter of all the other planets and their placements.

If those are the characteristics that you want, then go for a man who matches up to them and indeed fits any other criteria you have set. Worry about the Astrology later LOL

Miss Woo

Well until I took up Astrology I could have sworn I was a Scorpio man because the newspapers told me so in those horoscope columns. Now I now I missed out by fifteen minutes of arc (and six hours of time). :( :(

Looking at the list, I'd say they applied to most men, they would certainly apply to me LOL.

The approach though is simplistic. More important than Sun sign is the Ascendant, and you can be a Sun Scorpio and have any sign as your Ascendant (including Scorpio). Those horoscope columns actually assume you were born at dawn and thus your Sun is exactly on the Ascendant. There's also the small matter of all the other planets and their placements.

If those are the characteristics that you want, then go for a man who matches up to them and indeed fits any other criteria you have set. Worry about the Astrology later LOL

I'm so sorry guys! I forgot all about this thread! I keep forgetting to watch them.

So, according to your approach, does that mean I'm actually looking for someone with Scorpio Rising?

This is actually my list (I have it saved in Word):

Emotionally mature man checklist

emotionally mature/secure
loving and stable
kind and caring
treats animals and people well
loves dogs
has respect for women
a good communicator
honest
has integrity
financially secure
comfortable/happy with his own life
not afraid to admit fault/being wrong

I think an emotionally mature man is honest, has integrity and is willing to shoulder responsibilities. He is a good communicator and even willing to compromise. A mature man, who is in love with you, is there for you when it counts and not afraid to show his loving feelings. I think mature men respect women and act accordingly.

A mature man can still choose another woman over us, but at least he does it in an honest way.

I think a Scorpio man is the only man for me because I can't seem to find anyone who will match my intensity. Sorry, I'm drunk and I'm not explaining myself very well. I just want to be with a real man who isn't afraid to be himself with me - vulnerable, loving, not afraid to show his feelings etc. I'm so sick of half-arsed men.

Placebo Scotsman

Speaking as a Scorpio male I can not confirm or deny any of this.

That information is considered privileged

Sorry

abundance

Scorpio man- is it true

I have been I a relationship with a Scorpio man for 30 years. Not an easy ride. I am a Capricorn and love the truth. I the beginning the relationship was very exciting and I felt like I was very precious to him but once we were into say 9 months he became quite jealous and controlling - was very secretive and lies and deceipt became the norm. Admittedly ours was not a straightforward relationship but nevertheless no amount of trying to talk seemed to sort it- as this Scorpio didn't see the need to talk. Lots of effort and tears and torment and yes - it has improved - but I wouldn't choose to do it again. Something keeps you hooked in - it's a hard journey. I wonder why you particularly choose a Scorpio?

Smiling

Empress,

From what I understand about the sign for men, a lot of what you have in your list is true. But it could also be true for any other sun sign!

There are also different levels that can be played out for a Scorpio sun sign, since the sign has 3 symbols; the scorpion, the eagle and phoenix. It's a complex energy, so sometimes all 3 levels are being played out at the same time! But I do know some Scorpios that are operating mainly on the higher end of the spectrum, and they're truly wonderful to be around.

Minderwiz brings up good points about other ways to find Scorpio influence in the chart. And Pluto, the ruler of Scorpio (secondary to Mars), if strongly placed in a person's chart, can describe a person who may have Scorpio themes in their life. So as always with astrology, it's helpful to know more about a person than their Sun sign, if possible.

happy holidays!
Smiling

Ronia

There is no other sign so often quoted and so often misinterpreted. It's quite amusing, actually.