Ankh back Rider Waite

truelighth

This is an older thread, but just in case that anyone reads it. The quote above about the Bert Bakker was mine.

However, I was wrong about the coloured version. That version is published by Kosmos publishers in Utrecht. The colouring is very similar to the blue box version that Rider issued in the '70's. Also, the box of this colour version by Kosmos has an ISBN number.

I believe this is an authorized publication. Rider probably gave permission. It was published in the 70's/80's. It has the red ankh on the back.

So Dryope, that is the version you have.

The Bert Bakker version, which is black&white, has the same ankh and Dutch calligraphy in red. It was published by Bert Bakker publishing in The Hague. Different publisher. The year of publication I just found out, is 1979.

Dryope

Thank you, Truelight, for the information! :)

Edit: p.s. Oh, by the way, do you know the ISBN number?, I don't have the box, only the cards.

truelighth

Hi Dryope,

Sure I can give you the ISBN. However, the ISBN I have is of the Deluxe version. That is the version I have, it came in a fancy box with a little booklet from Jan de Graaf. But the deck is the same as the one in the normal box.

The ISBN of the one I have is: 90-215-9420-X

Publisher: Kosmos-Z&K Uitgevers
Utrecht/Antwerpen