International Tarot Foundation - worth it?

Sabin

Thanks again for the reply.

I don't know if I'd get much from a weekend course I liked the idea of it spread over a while to give me something constructive to do in my commute time (roughly 3 hours a day lol)

Just using it to practice at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zephyros

Joan Bunning's online Tarot course is free and quite structured, with all kinds of different exercises.

Also, Mary Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Cards has all kinds of activities which might be good for a commute, with both writing and practical exercises.

Sabin

Joan Bunning's online Tarot course is free and quite structured, with all kinds of different exercises.

Also, Mary Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Cards has all kinds of activities which might be good for a commute, with both writing and practical exercises.

Excellent I will give this a look on my way home tomorrow ;-D

Many thanks ^^

CrystalSeas

Joan Bunning Course On Tablet

I was able to download the Joan Bunning course and access it using my tablet. It works well for long commutes

Sabin

Awesome. Have a tablet I need to get more use out of so that will do nicely! Thanks for the reply ^.^

ITF

Hello from the ITF

I thought that an introduction on the thread was appropriate and to help answer some questions:)

The International Tarot Foundation was set up officially early 2015 with an official launch date of 4/8/16. Our Tarot study group is 2 years old, we also have an exchange group, an open reading group and book study group.

We too are non profit, we take zero wages, we use the monies from courses to support ventures in the community. The most recent was the CARTA Awards, we were asked if we would take over the awards and platform them now, in the present and in the future. There was a significant cost involved with taking this responsibility but we appreciate the importance of supporting our deck creators.

So, to answer the question ' Are we worth it', well, you can only be the judge of that, I can tell you all the benefits or come to our study group and see how we interact with our members.

We hold monthly study events that are fun, we have a wonderful mentored reading program, a question is emailed to members who are interested in participating, twice a month. We support our members with links from our website, a Facebook group for members only and so much more.
I like to think that we offer something different, we our in touch with our members and truly support them in every way we can do.

We do not have issue with members joining us from other associations in addition to ours, in fact, we would welcome it. Our Facebook groups are inclusive and pleasant but then, we are not an egotistical bunch of Taroists ;-)

Our members also receive approximately 30% off all our courses.

We are approved so this means that we have sent all our courses and course materials and structure to an international professional body and welcomed scrutiny.
Via this approval, our students can access public liability insurance and one new development that we are especially pleased about is the National Union of Students in the UK have recognized the Foundation as a recognized teaching establishment so now, all the UK students can purchase the student extra discount card.

We are committed to bring Tarot into the 21st Century where Tarot students are given the credit and respect they deserve, the study of Tarot is not to be undermined.

So what do we charge?- all our member courses are on average £25 per course. The Certification costs £275 for members, within this, they complete 6 or 7 courses, carry out 14 mentored reads and all the way through the student evaluates their own development as their mentor does too.
No one is admitted to the course if they do not agree to upholding our Code of Ethics.

A certificate is sent via the post which recognizes the student as Certified as a Tarot reader and approved by the International Institute for Complimentary Therapists. This is a lengthy process, we will continue with a student until they have an excellent foundation and can read with accuracy and of course ethically.

Our students are studying for a vocational qualification.

Membership costs £17.50 per year.

Please meet the team: http://internationaltarotfoundation.com/about-itf/2728-3/

Thankyou for reading

Sabin

ITF thanks for the info it looks fantastic and will defiantly look into in the future ^^

@namaste I'm not sure I understand your post?

ITF

ITF thanks for the info it looks fantastic and will defiantly look into in the future ^^

@namaste I'm not sure I understand your post?

It would be a pleasure to welcome you aboard.

Celtgirl420

ITF MEMBERSHIP ~ Yes! I'm a member, it's absolutely worth it!

Hi All,
I know this thread is a bit old but it caught my attention and I thought I'd respond. This is also my first post here. :) I'm new to AT. I do love this site, it's hands down the best I've come across on the web for Tarot enthusiasts.
I've been a member of The International Tarot Foundation for a year now. I found the readers development group on Facebook a few years back, I had just received my first tarot deck and was looking for like minded peeps. (as well as a place to develop my skills) Being an introvert and socially awkward, I didn't participate much within the Facebook group. Tarot was very new to me and I was a bit lost and embarrassed. Every now and then I'd see a post that caught my eye and read through, gaining a better understanding/perspective.
For whatever reasons at the time, I lost interest in my tarot journey, among other things. I deactivated my Facebook page as well. A very great friend of mine asked why I was not "out there" anymore. I told him it was simply because nobody really talked to me, so why bother. He replied with a smile, "Get back out there! I'll talk to you." I didn't listen. Three months later, he died. Devastated, I reactived my Facebook account. I know he wouldn't be able to talk to me, but it felt right. (a lil off topic, I know)
I found a few new groups but still enjoyed reading posts on the ITF site. I was back on my journey with tarot. I became more active within the development group. I was learning, posting and making friends. I really liked it there. (I just recently found and joined this site.)
I became a member of the foundation, I participated in the free classes and mentoring. Which I enjoyed. I wanted to be a confident reader and felt I needed help. (Remember, I'm relatively new to tarot.)
I truly love the work they do. The ITF is a legitimate organization whose goal is to build role models within the tarot community. They encourage readers, by building confidence and skills. Group members share their knowledge, insights and perspectives. Many friendships are made.
Within the development group alone there's plenty of valuable information and resources available to new readers as well as the experienced. I find the development group to be wonderful place to share tarot experiences on Facebook.
As a member of the foundation there are added benefits. Study sessions are encouraging, delightful and fun! Mentoring is especially helpful to both the mentor and student. Classes are discounted as well.
As far as certification goes, it is very reasonably priced in comparison to other certifying entities. It comes with its own added benefits such as the student discount card and accreditation through IICT. To the best of my knowledge, the International Tarot Foundations certification is THE ONLY certification that offers accreditation. Yes! To me this is worth it!
I realize that certification is not needed for the tarot reader. Personally I like it! I like receiving recognition for my studies. And let's face it, there's a new dawn arising in this age of Aquarius, we tarot readers may soon need certification. It also takes the tarot reader to a new level, a different playing field if you will. We can now be acknowledged as dedicated, serious professionals and not just who-ree-gurus.
Many Blessings and Happy Taroting!

(oops, I did not see the ITF's Introduction to this post until
I posted. Lol. Still very worth it! �� )