Books on astrology

freekundli

Hello Guys,
What is your favorite astrology book.

Barleywine

It really depends on the branch of astrology:

For a modern take on traditional astrology I like On the Heavenly Spheres by Avelar and Rubeiro, and Kevin Burk's Astrology, A Comprehensive Guide to Classical Interpretation.

On horary astrology I've learned a lot from John Frawley's The Horary Textbook.

For modern psychological astrology (which I do very little of these days), I get the most use out of The Astrologer's Handbook by Sakoian and Acker. Rob Hand's "Planets In . . ." series of books is also useful but they are starting to seem a bit dated to me.

dawning_tarot

are you looking solely for astrology or tarot/astrology? as the latter I suggestion: Tarot and Astrology: Enhancing Your Tarot Reading with the Wisdom of the Zodiac by Corrine Kenner.

Magrataya

Thank you Barleyvine for your advice on helpful books!
I am a total newbie to astrology and find April Elliott Kent's "The Essential Guide to Practical Astrology" quite good. But please keep in mind this is coming from someone who has absolutely no idea of astrology and struggles to name the 12 signs of the zodiac ... so this is very basic information :)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Since this is the Tarot Books & Media section, all discussion should be about tarot-related books (or in this case Tarot and Astrology books). There is an Astrology forum where questions about books on Astrology may be asked.