Celestial Tarot book?

GlamGemini

Hello :)

I'm new and wasn't sure where to ask this, but i have the celestial tarot deck on its way, and I know there's a companion book, but not seen it online by itself anywhere. I'm in the UK. Does anyone know anywhere i can get the book?

Thank you :)

gregory

I think it only comes in the kit. Which seems to be out there for ridiculous money.

GlamGemini

Yeah that seems to be what i've noticed, I'd love to read the book as I love astrology but the kit is silly money!

rwcarter

Check used bookstores (brick and mortar and also online). I see a listing on abebooks from a UK seller for $19.95 US including shipping and a second UK listing for $19.51 with free shipping to US. So the book by itself is out there for not too ridiculous prices.

Rodney

GlamGemini

Ah yes, never thought to check used bookstores and online and such for used copies. Thank you!

This leads me to another question, does anyone use used decks?

rwcarter

This leads me to another question, does anyone use used decks?
Talking Tarot is really the forum in which to have that discussion, but yes, a large part of my tarot collection was bought used/secondhand.

Rodney

gregory

Check used bookstores (brick and mortar and also online). I see a listing on abebooks from a UK seller for $19.95 US including shipping and a second UK listing for $19.51 with free shipping to US. So the book by itself is out there for not too ridiculous prices.

Rodney
REALLY ? I checked abe before I posted, and they all seemed to be the deck, when you followed up the ISBN. (The OP is in the UK, BTW). The kit is up there for £ 288.84. abe does have a nasty habit of putting "Book is in good condition" and the rest, even when it's a deck.

The 19.51 one is CERTAINLY deck only and is from bookdepository. Check the ISBN. (I don't want to rain on the parade here, but do be careful before you click buy !)

rwcarter

REALLY ? I checked abe before I posted, and they all seemed to be the deck, when you followed up the ISBN. (The OP is in the UK, BTW). The kit is up there for £ 288.84. abe does have a nasty habit of putting "Book is in good condition" and the rest, even when it's a deck.

The 19.51 one is CERTAINLY deck only and is from bookdepository. Check the ISBN. (I don't want to rain on the parade here, but do be careful before you click buy !)
Fair enough. I was going by the description of the listing, which stated book. BTW, the ISBN for just the book is 9781575815667, which doesn't appear to be available on abe.

Rodney

gregory

Didn't want to start a fight - just - abe is APPALLING that way, but a great source if they DO have stuff - and it's a shame if someone gets the wrong thing entirely. (Also I don't have the book myself, so you got me interested }))

earthair

Might be worth writing to USG to see if they have any lurking somewhere?
I'm a bit shocked by the Abe prices. Where do they get these numbers from :rolleyes:

The book is very helpful though. You get about 2 and a half pages of detailed explanation (myths and astrology etc) of every card.