Icky feeling when potential Readers suss out your previous questions?

CharlotteK

I may as well chip in my two-penceworth having read the entire thread now. Conflict is rarely pretty but sometimes discussions like this can be like lancing a boil and get potential toxicity out in the open where the community can decide what to do with it. A debate like this is healthy provided everyone remains respectful :)

I don't participate in the exchange forums much at all. I had to get a moderator to chase up feedback on my first foray into offering readings, which was a little nerve-wracking to start with. It put me right off participating and I've only just gone back. For now, I feel that I will read on any question posed and I don't look at a sitter's previous posts or read many of the exchanges either, mainly from lack of time, so I'd be none the wiser about how often the question has been asked. However if I was a regular there and noticed a heavy pattern, I may feel very differently and I expect I may want to use my limited time reading on questions that had perhaps not had so much airtime. I don't think this is judging the person,just making choices about where energy and effort is spent. I'm not sure if I'd be direct about why I was skipping someone as whilst I think honesty is the best (and in the long run the kindest) policy, I'm aware it could make some people feel a bit humiliated in public. But in the end, that's their sensitivity and perhaps it would come from a nerve being touched.

I did stop participating in the 'one card, one sentence' game as whilst fun to start with, I did find it pretty repetitive in terms of questions being asked, which became micro variations on a narrow theme in some cases. I just withdrew, not to judge anyone but because I ran out of steam and wanted to use the little free time I have elsewhere.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

euripides

I did stop participating in the 'one card, one sentence' game as whilst fun to start with, I did find it pretty repetitive in terms of questions being asked, which became micro variations on a narrow theme in some cases.

Some good thoughts in your post Charlotte, and this struck a chord - I've been finding the same thing with the 'one card, one sentence' - I wonder if we could start an parallel version with one post per day, and perhaps even 'not for love relationship questions'. (I know love is important, but the forum really is saturated with them, and people never seem to listen to the answers about love anyway).

DDwarks

This thread has actually managed to make me feel poorly.

Someone described it as a dumping ground for negative emotions and they're right.
I went from thinking yesterday that I wouldn't let it affect me too much to now, seriously wondering what's the point!

Someone also talked about "us and them" , like readers and sitters are 2 different types.
Never did I ever see it that way...until the OP started this thread. I felt not only judged but attacked and insulted.

For her to decide to just dump all this on here and then bail out is like hurting us because her feelings got hurt and letting us stew in the negativity.
Its retaliation instead of contemplation. Hypocritical since she says herself she would never do anything to hurt anyone's feelings!

Very childish and nasty- and to me, proof that we are right to protect ourselves the way we see fit.

It wouldnt be so bad if she was to come back and acknowledge she insulted us out of frustration and that with insight, she realises we're not all spying weirdos but human beings too.

Something is really not right here. Isnt this disrespectful and insulting on a grand scale? How is that even allowed?

Zephyros

Dear friends,

This has been a fascinating thread, but at some point things start to go in circles and the same points are made again and again. I'm sure we have all learned a lot and this thread has given everyone some food for thought. Thank you all for your participation, this thread is now closed.