Introvert tarot reader.

feminine_mystique

I hope I put this post in the correct one. I'm constantly being told they're moving my posts lol.

But either way. I'm curious to know. I am pretty shy and introverted. There is no denying I could ever be an extrovert. I am just plain awkward if I become to open with people face to face. Anyways. I've been doing a few readings to people that I have been not able to interpret the cards as I do when I do them online through emails. There are so many things I think of at the end of the day that I think omg why didn't i say that at the time. I understand this will come more with experience but then too I seem to cower when I read a very extroverted energy for example like it intimidates me .. does anyone know how to overcome this or have you had similar experiences with something like this?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Nemia

If I remember correctly, we did a MBTI poll here on AT - here it is: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=12143&highlight=mbti

You can see clearly that at least here on AT, an online community, there is a majority of people with an introvert personality. Obviously, the fact that online interactions are attractive for introverts plays a role.

But there is absolutely no reason why an introvert shouldn't be a very good, empathetic, intuitive and wise tarot reader. Start to discover the power of the quiet people. Introverts can understand extroverts, but for extroverts it's much more difficult to understand us (INFJ here). So introverts have an advantage.

Who says that extroverts are superior? The world needs all kinds of animals, so be glad you belong to the wonderful family of introverts. Trust your intuition, continue to learn more about tarot, and your confidence as a reader will grow.

feminine_mystique

If I remember correctly, we did a MBTI poll here on AT - here it is: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=12143&highlight=mbti

You can see clearly that at least here on AT, an online community, there is a majority of people with an introvert personality. Obviously, the fact that online interactions are attractive for introverts plays a role.

But there is absolutely no reason why an introvert shouldn't be a very good, empathetic, intuitive and wise tarot reader. Start to discover the power of the quiet people. Introverts can understand extroverts, but for extroverts it's much more difficult to understand us (INFJ here). So introverts have an advantage.

Who says that extroverts are superior? The world needs all kinds of animals, so be glad you belong to the wonderful family of introverts. Trust your intuition, continue to learn more about tarot, and your confidence as a reader will grow.
I understand that. I suppose I trully need more experience doing face to face readings.

I don't see extroverts as superior but I feel they do overpower me in a sense to the point where I feel that it's making me uneasy around them. They just have so much personality it's a huge energy rush absorbing it all. I am also pretty empathic too so when I feel such a strong energy come forth that's masking a greater truth it also consumes me.

I wonder if there's a way to block this energy. Or to slow them down.. also I take tarot somewhat serious, not like crazy but I do respect the art and when a person doesn't take it seriously it does annoy me to the point where I feel silly doing it. I don't know. It's just bad juju I guess. 😓

Tanga

It will just take you time to grow into your confidence feminine_mystique.
Take it from an introvert who used to hardly ever speak at all, and was the proverbial wallflower.
Somedays now (well actually - most. Lol. I could be loud now) - you'd never guess. I just eventually found my truth and my "centre" if you like ("Know Thyself" - for me it was with lots of personal development work).
And now I'll "match the power" of the character sitting (or lying as the case may be - because I'm a therapist) before me.
I do still have days when I feel I'd rather not cope - and then I'll be as evasive as possible. Lol.

The 1st time I gave a professional reading years ago - I read for a neighbour that I knew just by face. She's also an introvert - but she totally trashed my reading and I was so mortified - I put my cards under the bed and didn't look at them again for a few years.

Ofcourse now if that happened - I'd just handle it by ear. })
;)

..."grounding and protection" exercises may help. Imagining your own biomagnetic feild/aura is fortified so that you don't get affected by other strong fields. This could be in the the form of imagining "putting on a midnight blue cloak of protection" around yourself; breathing the strength of Mother Earth up through the soles of your feet and into your surrounding field; asking your guides/Spirits/Angels/Deities to protect you... etc.
You might decide on a piece of protective jewellery (acts like an Amulet) or perhaps some free crystals rolling about in your pocket...

Grizabella

I hope I put this post in the correct one. I'm constantly being told they're moving my posts lol.

But either way. I'm curious to know. I am pretty shy and introverted. There is no denying I could ever be an extrovert. I am just plain awkward if I become to open with people face to face. Anyways. I've been doing a few readings to people that I have been not able to interpret the cards as I do when I do them online through emails. There are so many things I think of at the end of the day that I think omg why didn't i say that at the time. I understand this will come more with experience but then too I seem to cower when I read a very extroverted energy for example like it intimidates me .. does anyone know how to overcome this or have you had similar experiences with something like this?

I understand. :) What helped me was to just concentrate on the sitter and the cards. I had to stop thinking "what do they think of me?" and "am I going to live up to their expectations?" or "what if I get it wrong? They'll think I'm a fraud" and things like that. I had to come to the realization that it wasn't about me, it was about the sitters and their questions.They were interested in getting answers, not interested in me. :)

AnemoneRosie

Perhaps you're just meant to be an email reader?
I'm an introvert. I can do 1:1 readings, but I'm never going to shine at Tarot parties the way that my more outgoing reader-friends do.

feminine_mystique

I understand. :) What helped me was to just concentrate on the sitter and the cards. I had to stop thinking "what do they think of me?" and "am I going to live up to their expectations?" or "what if I get it wrong? They'll think I'm a fraud" and things like that. I had to come to the realization that it wasn't about me, it was about the sitters and their questions.They were interested in getting answers, not interested in me. :)
lol that's true. It's hard to since we already get judged quite harshly because of tarot in a sense.. i don't want to come across as a charlatan of sorts because I do love tarot I just get so overcome by the other person.

feminine_mystique

Perhaps you're just meant to be an email reader?
I'm an introvert. I can do 1:1 readings, but I'm never going to shine at Tarot parties the way that my more outgoing reader-friends do.
I've been thinking this too. Maybe I'm not Destined to do the big party stuff. OMG just thinking about that creeps me out..

feminine_mystique

It will just take you time to grow into your confidence feminine_mystique.
Take it from an introvert who used to hardly ever speak at all, and was the proverbial wallflower.
Somedays now (well actually - most. Lol. I could be loud now) - you'd never guess. I just eventually found my truth and my "centre" if you like ("Know Thyself" - for me it was with lots of personal development work).
And now I'll "match the power" of the character sitting (or lying as the case may be - because I'm a therapist) before me.
I do still have days when I feel I'd rather not cope - and then I'll be as evasive as possible. Lol.

The 1st time I gave a professional reading years ago - I read for a neighbour that I knew just by face. She's also an introvert - but she totally trashed my reading and I was so mortified - I put my cards under the bed and didn't look at them again for a few years.

Ofcourse now if that happened - I'd just handle it by ear. })
;)

..."grounding and protection" exercises may help. Imagining your own biomagnetic feild/aura is fortified so that you don't get affected by other strong fields. This could be in the the form of imagining "putting on a midnight blue cloak of protection" around yourself; breathing the strength of Mother Earth up through the soles of your feet and into your surrounding field; asking your guides/Spirits/Angels/Deities to protect you... etc.
You might decide on a piece of protective jewellery (acts like an Amulet) or perhaps some free crystals rolling about in your pocket...
Oh no!! That's so awkward!! My neighbours are old and pretty religious so I can't imagine doing it on them lol.. it's so much harder though when you do a reading and you have them looking at you in judgement lol ..

I have some crystals I us. Do you recommend one in particular. I have some runes that are rose quartz which is meant to be more romantic. Crystals are so beautiful though. 🙄🙄 so I guess it's a good excuse for me to buy some lol.

Tanga

Oh no!! That's so awkward!! My neighbours are old and pretty religious so I can't imagine doing it on them lol.. it's so much harder though when you do a reading and you have them looking at you in judgement lol ..

I have some crystals I us. Do you recommend one in particular. I have some runes that are rose quartz which is meant to be more romantic. Crystals are so beautiful though. ���� so I guess it's a good excuse for me to buy some lol.

Rose Quartz is a heart Chakra stone. It teaches one to love themselves (which includes good self-esteem :) ) fostering inner peace and forgiveness. Helps process one's emotions, plus heals heartache (and matters of the heart - thus also a "romantic" stone.), eases fear and grief.

Huh - sounds like a pretty good stone already for you! :)
You could choose the appropriate rune for you - Thurisaz (Protection, focus, power), Algiz (Protection) or Teiwaz (Will)...
- I looked them up - I don't have them in my head ;)

You could also ask in the Crystals & Herbs section of AT about best crystals for confidence...
A specific one doesn't come to mind right now...

**goes to have a quick flip through one of her Crystal books - in this case, Diane Stein's "Healing with Gemstones and Crystals"**

Here's one: Tiger Iron
- grounds, reducing stress by decreasing sensitivity
- helps sensitivity to city noise, pollution, and those who take on others emotions.
- shields and closes Solar Plexus Chakra.

(I'm quite fond of Tiger Iron. ;) )

Or Amber:
- highly calming, stabilises emotional body
- protects against energy intrusion by others, psychic draining and attack.
- shields taking on others pain.

And otherwise, I'd keep this in mind:

:heart: