Reading at my First festival

Nagual24

Hi everyone,
I've been asked to give readings at a local festival. I've never done this before and am quite nervous. Excited yes, but nervous too. I trust the cards and myself but the prospect of reading (being there all day too) is daunting. I guess I'm just after some encouragement. Any advice/tips that could help make the time a little easier? I will have more detials about what the organiser wants soon. I've only been reading for about 1 year and a half so am very new to it.
Any advice is appreciaed. Thanks :)
Nagual

balenciaga

Hi and welcome!
You might want to post this in Talking Tarot. This forum is for discussing specific tarot cards.
Nice to see you here and I hope you enjoy AT!

Astraea Aurora

There is a really good article at Tarotschool about Reading at Psychic Fairs and Partys. Look here: http://www.tarotschool.com/Readings.html. I'm sure it can give you some decent tips.

Gosh, I would so much like to read at a fair or conference but there is not even the slightest chance as I don't know of any that are held in Germany. Consider yourself lucky.

Happy readings.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Nagual24

Thank you very much. That link was fantastic :)
I feel I can prepare now :)

MareSaturni

You are not alone Astraea Aurora, we don't have fairs and the tradition of tarot reading in parties here in Brazil either... :(

~Marina

raheli

Hi.
have you considered pairing up with a buddy if it's a full day?
I'm in the melbourne area too and have been considering doing markets but was thinking of finding a buddy to make it not such a long day.
Kind regards
R.

eagle001

Hi Nagual

I hope your day goes really well for you. I think after the first few readings your nervousness will start to disappear, hope it does anyway. Good Luck

Astraea Aurora

Marina said:
You are not alone Astraea Aurora, we don't have fairs and the tradition of tarot reading in parties here in Brazil either... :(

Yes that really sux, Marina. I'm with you. ((Marina))

But I'm going to a Tarot meetup on Sunday - yeah. At least I will meet some like-minded people, besides AT of course!

Astraea Aurora :grin:

... ahem, back to topic ... sorry ...

irongoddess

From my own (limited) experience doing readings at festivals and events, I echo all the advice in the Tarot School article -- especially about fasting during the day. Not only does it help me stay clear and focused, but with all that energy swirling about I'm usually too physically alert to be able to each much until I've had time to decompress.

Also, I do like to take breaks but I don't leave the reading space, since I have crowd anxiety; I like to take five minute breaks now and again where no one comes in and I can simply breathe and relax.

You might want to dab some essential oils that are relaxing and/or energizing on your pulse points during the course of the day. Lavender, jasmine, lemongrass, etc; whatever you find most rejuvenating.

I hope you have a wonderful time of it, and I hope to hear how it went!

Sinduction

I'd like to add that throat drops may help you. I need them when I do a lot of readings or I lose my voice. Good luck!