How do you store your cards?

zeldajones91

I only have about 10 tarot decks right now. I'm fairly minimalist, so I get rid of any large Llewellyn boxes.

The decks that I love are kept in small fabric bags that I bought, with the exception of Wild Unknown, Mary-El, and Baroque Bohemian Cats' which I keep in the original sturdy boxes. I keep the fabric bags in one of those hollowed-out book boxes.

The decks that I don't love so much are kept in Ziplock bags in the closet.

Julian Jaymes

I have spontaneously decided to make nicer bags for my Tarot decks. :) Gonna head to the fabric store sometime over the next week or so and grab some fabric. I have one bag that a dear friend sent to me; I used it for my beloved Lo Scarabeo Tarot. Inspired by her lovely work I'm going to make my own bags for my other decks.

If I do come up with a good pattern, I'll post it here, though I'm sure others have made better patterns! LOL!

~JJ

Morwenna

Thank you!

The box is made from high quality plastic. Very light and durable. The final version will actually be better and will be available in different colors and we're working on offering different sizes too. Right now we're focusing on creating a finalized RWS standard size box, but we know people will want boxes for decks that are not RWS standard size.

Those would be great for my decks whose boxes have disintegrated. Are they going to be deep enough to accommodate the LWB?

Galahad

Those would be great for my decks whose boxes have disintegrated. Are they going to be deep enough to accommodate the LWB?

We're still prototyping, so no final decision has been made.

From one point of view, if the boxes are designed for just the deck (about 78 cards), then the cards will move around less when someone decides to travel with their decks, which is probably a good thing for the deck. Additionally, this point of view encourages one to not rely on the LWB.

From another point of view, if the boxes are designed for the decks and the LWB, then that works great for people who want to store their LWB with their deck. For people who don't want to store their LWB in the box, the cards will shift around more when traveling, which could be a bad thing for the deck.

While prototyping, we came across RWS standard size decks that were less than one inch in height to over one and one eighth inch in height. We want a one box solution because that will make it easier for everyone and keep the cost of the boxes as low as possible.

There are alternative solutions too, like box inserts. The goal of the project is to provide a simple, elegant, and inexpensive deck boxes to the tarot community, so we're close to finding a balance on that.

tarot peacock

I keep my decks in tarot sized gift boxes. I try to match the coloures of my decks with the gift boxes that I put them in. Example, my mermaid deck is in a metallic wavy blue patterned box.

These boxes are then stacked on shelves under my altar, but they are overflowing onto the floor at the moment.
Lenormand decks fit nicely in tins.

Any decks that I don't use regularly are kept in cardbord boxes in another room.

barkingdeer

I really like that box Galahad, clean, simple, classic.

Trogon

I suspect most folks here would be aghast at how my decks are "stored". I have some on a bookshelf in the spare bedroom. I have some in the bottom shelf of our entertainment center (not exposed to heat). Then there are the ones I carry in a tote bag that I take to and from work and often have with me other times. There's little rhyme or reason to it (and, I'm afraid to say, some have accumulated a bit of dust). But ... they always seem to be ready when I pick one up to use.