Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 303 : May 20 - May 26

Trogon

Necronimicon - after 1st daily

After having done my first daily reading with the Necronomicon Tarot, I wanted to post a few thoughts. (I attached a photo of the cards along with the reading - follow the link to see them (since I didn't get the link to the specific post - just scroll down a bit to find it).

As I mentioned before, the images on the cards are, to one extent or another, quite different from the RWS. However, with my first daily reading, I found that it was actually very easy to read with. The reading flowed and made sense almost effortlessly. There were two court cards, the King of Swords and the Knight of Swords in this reading and it was the easiest time I think I've ever had interpreting any courts!

So, from my "new deck" reading and today's daily reading ... it appears that this is going to be a pretty intuitive deck for readings.

VGimlet

You should all be listed but if I missed someone in my rush to get this posted before I had to fly out the door to catch the bus let me know. :p

I was right it WAS a crazy weekend - but very fun and successful for work - lots of great Seattle bands, lots of tech stuff, lots of people - but the best kind of crazy. Still, I was wiped by the time I got home both days, and didn't even READ, let alone look at the interwebs. And would do it all again in a heartbeat. :)

Welcome DC419, snowmoon and Aquamarine! I hope you enjoy the DOTW group, it's a lot of fun, no rules (you can post here OR use the other threads, up to you) and talk as much or as little as you want. :)

DC419

You should all be listed but if I missed someone in my rush to get this posted before I had to fly out the door to catch the bus let me know. :p

I was right it WAS a crazy weekend - but very fun and successful for work - lots of great Seattle bands, lots of tech stuff, lots of people - but the best kind of crazy. Still, I was wiped by the time I got home both days, and didn't even READ, let alone look at the interwebs. And would do it all again in a heartbeat. :)

Welcome DC419, snowmoon and Aquamarine! I hope you enjoy the DOTW group, it's a lot of fun, no rules (you can post here OR use the other threads, up to you) and talk as much or as little as you want. :)

Thank you! I guess I'll start off by saying that I totally got suckered into buying the Linestrider deck because of all the pretty pictures of the cards on instagram. I haven't spent a lot of time with the deck but from the little bit I have, I've struggled with some of the imagery. A couple of the Kings and Knights are one example. My plan is to spend a couple weeks journaling my random daily drawings and maybe a small spread here and there.

Green Faerie

Hi all,

So I've been mentally working on a Spread for New Houses. My other half and I are in the process of buying a house, and I have wanted to do a reading about the house itself, but I haven't been happy with any of the pre-existing spreads I've found. I am going to work on the spread today, and I may post a draft of it here for suggestions/comments, if you all are amenable. :)

(This also gives me an excuse to pull out my cards and actually use them; RL has been overwhelming these last few weeks.)

Luxa

Looking forward to seeing your spread, Green Faerie!

I've been doing mostly one card draws with the Green Witch Tarot, been a bit busier this week, so spreads haven't happened yet. I still have to do a deck interview, and i love to do them.

So yesterday i pulled three of pentacles, and stuggled a bit to relate it to my day - the book description is very work orientated, and i'm a stay at home mum. Well tonight i pulled it again, and i thought, ok, i'll pull another to clarify. Well out came the three of pents again. I pulled it three times in a row tonight! Four times including yesterday! So i got the message :-D anyway, i love it when a deck does that to you! I'm really enjoying this deck.

Hope everyone's having a good week with their decks so far! :)

Scarlet Woodland

Oh the pretty the pretty the pretty the pretty! <cough>. So my Rosettas and Sasuraibito arrived today and they're sooo gorgeous. There's a postal worker out there somewhere who needs a good, hard punch in the face for running over the Rosetta package in his/her vehicle :mad: but somehow they made it through okay. I considered being good for all of five minutes but there's no use resisting...

Will be switching to the Rosetta Papyrus Tarot and Sasuraibito Tarot with glee :party:

Madame Squee

Jumping in late with the Fountain Tarot and STS Lenormand.

Thank you, VG! :love:

Trogon

Loving the Necronomicon Tarot

Tonight I did a reading for a character in a web-comic that I like. That reading can be found here. So far all the readings I've done have been, dare I say, excellent! Having a strong base in the RWS usually gives me a slight starting kernel for my interpretations, but the images on the cards really trigger my intuition. Okay, I've only done 4 readings so far, but they've all been very smooth.

Well, with one reading (my second), I started out trying to fit the cards into my RWS meanings and it didn't feel quite right. So, I stopped, let go of my preconceived interpretations and the reading just popped from there.

So, for me, so far, the Necronomicon is an excellent tool for really activating my intuition. I'm pretty enthusiastic about this deck!

lantana

I just did a New Moon reading with the Prisma Visions and wow, this deck is great for huge spreads. It really weaves the relationships between the cards so well, and the borders around the majors really highlight them in the spread!

The colors of the deck really make it nice for a New Moon spread as well, all dark blues and splashes of color with that silver gliding... Puts you in the perfect mood for some dark moon introspection.

I haven't used it as much this week as the week I first got it (no daily draws) but I have rediscovered what I loved about the deck. Cardstock issues aside it reads great and looks amazing laid out on the table. It's definitely worth the careful shuffling and for the backs to get dinged up a bit to use it.

Also, first time the 79th card came up in a reading. The Gift... Such a beautiful and striking card, even with how simple it is compared to the 1st and 3rd edition cards. Intergrated well into my reading too, without me having to struggle to see how it could fit outside of a specific context like I did the Fountian's extra card.

CharlotteK

I'm finding it a bit challenging connecting with Ancestral Path this week. I've had the deck a while and haven't really used it. I think it's going to need a little bit of investment in reading the book as it isn't 'traditional'. I think an understanding of the four cultures and historical periods the suits represent (or at least the deck creators interpretation of them) would be useful. I do like (most of) the artwork and the cardstock is great. I'm going to have to come back to this one at some point in the not too distant future. Plan to do a nice spread tomorrow based on connecting with spirit and guides as I think this deck will be better for that kind of reading than more mundane stuff.