Can The Tower be positive?!

Citrin

I usually do a reading every Sunday that is supposed to reflect my coming week. I use a spread with 4 cards, where 1. Beginning of the week 2. Middle of the week. 3. End of the week (This would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and 4. Advice

A week ago I drew The Tower representing the end of my week. I try to have a positive attitude towards change, and I feel like each card represents a very wide variety of meaning/energies, so it didn’t make me nervous or anything. Today it’s Monday and looking back at the end of last week I’m quite puzzled about that Tower card!

I tend to view The Tower in general like this: Either a surprising, shocking event that you’re not expecting, something the shakes you to the core, and something happens that you have no control over. Or it could mean your ego being beaten down. You’ve been on a bit of an ego trip for a while and now you get brought down because of it.

In daily/weekly readings I tend to see the more mundane meanings of cards, like The Tower could mean a shocking event, but not at all as life changing as the above mentioned…

So I’m puzzled because the end of my week was not negative, shocking or anything like that! It was calm, positive and one thing I found out surprised me but in a very positive way! So what do you think, could The Tower stand for a positive surprise? Or any other thoughts on this? :) Thanks!

HOLMES

yeah ,

it gave you a calm way to see the tower..

one thing I been thinking of to the jedi,, death is just another sensation as being bitten by a mosquito or going to sleep..
so the tower here, with that jedi serenity could help you see it more positive especially where it comes to reading for other people.

however I would encourage you to relook at everything,perhaps the falling aspect of the tower. like did any ladder fall down, or perhaps if you got a garage some stuff felled over.
for I am of the belief that when a card shows up. somewhere somehow it has occurred. (or why would it show up. )

Citrin

it gave you a calm way to see the tower..

one thing I been thinking of to the jedi,, death is just another sensation as being bitten by a mosquito or going to sleep..
so the tower here, with that jedi serenity could help you see it more positive especially where it comes to reading for other people.

however I would encourage you to relook at everything,perhaps the falling aspect of the tower. like did any ladder fall down, or perhaps if you got a garage some stuff felled over.
for I am of the belief that when a card shows up. somewhere somehow it has occurred. (or why would it show up. )

I'm not familiar with jedis, but I can see what you mean, that a Tower event can be more serene than what one might expect.

I’m trying to go through the end of my week in my head lol… I’ve started running regularly a couple of weeks ago, and Saturday my shin splints were hurting real bad. I sold my outdoor furniture which was a relief, I’m moving to a place with no balcony. I felt a little bit lonely Friday and Saturday night since my friends weren’t available to hang out. My co-worker worked her last day Friday which was a little sad… Does any of this feel Tower’ish?! Lol it kind of doesn’t to me… But I’m with you, in some way The Tower happened, because it did show up, and I’m finding it quite interesting to search for it! :D

HOLMES

hmm

seems to me you did have a tower experience.
Rapunzel let down your hair ..
when you describe feel lonely on Saturday,, that is what I thought of when relating it to the tower as she was in a tower all alone except for the evil woman that came to see her.
that she welcome the attention of the first prince that came along.
which brings to mind the movie tangled which to me was pretty good.

and the place with no balcony made think that it sound like an apartment and that would be a tower,, or at least the tower.

otherwise then that,, remember that it is very hard to define the tarot to a time period so you will get your tower experience.. let us hope it isnt' as dramatic as it could be.
as for the your friend leaving work, that could be death, 8 of cups , six of swords, the chariot.

danieljuk

I think any card can have a positive / neutral / negative appearance in a reading. The Tower always has a negative connotation because it's sudden major change but that is not always negative, it could change your life for the better! Perhaps you come to a huge realisation in your life or every thing changes for you, it might even be great sex ;) I would put it as a daily card or a card over a few days as turning out completely unexpected! Perhaps instead of your normal day, you went and had lunch with a friend in the spur of the moment! That is the mundane daily side of it, a change from the regular :)

gregory

Oh I'd say YES. It can be - something that has been oppressing you, preoccupying you - even stopping you from thinking of anything else - finally BLOWS and that's all over and you can get on with life.

And then of course there's the orgasm thing - orgasms aren't usually seen as negative })

chevalierduchangemen

For me, the Tower is all about change, and change may be positive or negative. It's all about a change of energies. What you describe seems like the end of a cycle : you leave a place, your colleague is no longer with you... It's a time of changing perspective, of seeing things in a new light.

Your shin splints may be a way for your body to call for a break, which is also very Towery in my sense : recovering after great efforts.

Hope that helps! ;o)

Michael Sternbach

Crowley mentions "escape from prison" as one of the card's divinatory meanings. Mind you, that could be an inner prison that you are freeing yourself from! The breakdown of negative beliefs and compulsions. I read the tower this way quite often, in fact. Maybe that is applicable here as well?

Pique Dame

I rarely see the Tower in negative situations anymore. Tower is my #1 sex card, so I welcome its appearance in any spreads concerning my weekends. :) It could mean falling in love unexpectedly. It could mean having a sudden epiphany about your life, like deciding to go back to school or changing your career. From here, it sounds like you were in a bit of a prison, up inside your tower with no balcony and only a top floor window.

Thirteen

The Tower is a Surprise

It's neither negative nor positive ;) The Tower is a sudden realization that things are not what you thought they were. Something that was solid turns out to be made of crummy materials and comes tumbling down. That something may be, as mentioned, prison walls, or someone who wasn't as strong/honest/true as you thought they were, or someone who you thought you couldn't defeat, and yet when you finally say something to them, they crumble.

This happens all the time. What we thought was strong and eternal, turns out to be fake and made of plaster. It falls down and we stare in shock. Whoa. Who knew? We text and call our friends, "I'm in shock right now..." (right?) And after that shock wears away, you will need to decide if you should rebuild the "real" thing that will stand, or walk away and do something else.

So the actual Tower experience is not negative. Nor positive. What makes the experience negative/positive is what came down. Something you were into and loved and wanted to last turning out to be temporary and false, that's negative. Something you disliked and feared would last forever coming down is overwhelmingly positive. The Tower is the surprise and revelation you feel on seeing that this edifice wasn't all you believe it was. It isn't the feelings you've attached to this thing which, after it's falls, will leave you unhappy/happy.

Does that make sense?