Hellenistic Astrology

LeiifA

Hi Minderwiz,

I will work on this. Give me a day or two.

In the interim I caught the flu and it is hanging around longer than most. Approaching the 2nd week and still not all the way better. On the mend.

Thanks for getting back to this,
Leiif

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz,

I will work on this. Give me a day or two.

In the interim I caught the flu and it is hanging around longer than most. Approaching the 2nd week and still not all the way better. On the mend.

Thanks for getting back to this,
Leiif

Get well first!!!

Don't worry about the thread till you're feeling like it. It will be here when you're in the mood.

LeiifA

Hi Minderwiz,

I have not forgotten. Just incredibly busy here. Partly related to areas of interest. I will get to this in the next few days.

Hope all is well on your side of the pond,

Leiif

Minderwiz

Don't worry. I'm in the same position as you, so wait till you have enough time and the inclination to do it.

kvatcha

Robert Schmidt

Hi, Minderwiz
I just started to look in this thread you devoted so much time from what I see.
I want to ask at the beginning: what is your source for Schmidt's theories and rationales? I ask because he is a highly developing person and I've seen him state in several places that his theories transform very often the more he ponders about the Greek texts. So this might be important. I know he made few big changes prior to PHASE conclave in 2007 when he just made the translation of Antiochus, don't know how many new if any, later on.

Best wishes

Minderwiz

Hi, Minderwiz
I just started to look in this thread you devoted so much time from what I see.
I want to ask at the beginning: what is your source for Schmidt's theories and rationales? I ask because he is a highly developing person and I've seen him state in several places that his theories transform very often the more he ponders about the Greek texts. So this might be important. I know he made few big changes prior to PHASE conclave in 2007 when he just made the translation of Antiochus, don't know how many new if any, later on.

Best wishes

Much of what I've used comes from his own articles on the internet but I accept that these span his early years. I've also used notes and articles by Curtis Manwaring who is the author of Delphic Oracle and both a student and collaborator with Schmidt.

Lastly I've used the course material and also the blogs and podcasts of Chris Brennan, including a conversation with Robert Schmidt.

As you say, a working Astrologer's views tend to change over time, sometimes radically as in the case of Rob Hand, but usually incrementally. So I recognise I'm not bang up to date on those changes.

Also I started the thread as a means of helping me in a learning process. So my knowledge was definitely sketchy at the start and I often think it's not that much better now LOL

LeiifA

Much of what I've used comes from his own articles on the internet but I accept that these span his early years. I've also used notes and articles by Curtis Manwaring who is the author of Delphic Oracle and both a student and collaborator with Schmidt.

Lastly I've used the course material and also the blogs and podcasts of Chris Brennan, including a conversation with Robert Schmidt.

As you say, a working Astrologer's views tend to change over time, sometimes radically as in the case of Rob Hand, but usually incrementally. So I recognise I'm not bang up to date on those changes.

Also I started the thread as a means of helping me in a learning process. So my knowledge was definitely sketchy at the start and I often think it's not that much better now LOL

I presume all accurate except the last statement. I believe Minderwiz is far ahead of most in his understanding. The work that Curtis M. and Chris B. have done is exceptionally helpful but do not miss reading Minderwiz's posts.

I will get back to this thread shortly. One project is winding down and I may get to stay in my current residence for a while.

LeiifA

Hi Minderwiz.

Sorry this has been on the back burner so long. Lots of uncertainty here. The apartment complex where we are living was sold. The previous owner passed away. We may have to relocate shortly but haven't found a place yet.

I also rebuilt the engine in my second vehicle. That took a lot more time than I wanted but is mostly done except for final tuning of the carburetors.

Obviously we have been experiencing some 3rd and 4th house issues. Let me go through your questions and see what I can do.

I have a couple of questions the answers to which may help me here. As we decided that the Cancer Lot of Fortune made more sense. I've adjusted the timing of your birth ten minutes forward. That also has the effect of shifting the Lot of Spirit, which is relevant to career and actions. So just to double check things, can you give me a brief background to your career history. Nothing detailed but maybe key dates that you think were relevant.
First, "career" may be a stretch of the language. Second, I don't have any actual dates. With those 2 items stated I can only give an outline.

I think my first "job" started in 1976. I began working for a veterinarian. My hope was to become a veterinarian myself. I had done odd jobs before that mowing yards for elderly people. I was at the vet for 3 or 4 years.

From there I was started doing freelance yard work and home repairs for various clients. I also, at times, worked with my father who did home repairs also. After a couple of years I took another part-time position at a mortuary. My job was to answer phones from 5 to 9 pm and show people to viewings. I was only at that job for about a year.

From that point until 2005 I mostly did home repairs with an occasional foray into something else. I tried selling insurance and securities somewhere in there. I had what I would call a more centered business doing home repairs from 1989 to 2000.

In Oct 2005 I took a job as a service technician for a water treatment company. The 2 main items we serviced and installed were water softeners and RO units. I was at that job a bit over a year. I did more plumbing in the freelance work after that point.

I wish I could provide more accurate date details but I don't really have those available right now.
I think you said you were self employed. Looking at the chart, the tenth house is ruled by Mars, which in a night chart is not particularly malefic and may indeed be rather positive. It's in the last degree of Cancer, it's Fall and in the sixth, directly opposite and in partile opposition to Saturn, your Ascendant ruler. That seems to suggest that there's conflict between you and career (or more probably between you and employment in an organisation). Is that a reasonable conclusion?
That may be a reasonable conclusion. I have had 3 jobs that were in someone else's business. My current thinking is that if I chose a corporation as an employer then I would be consciously appointing the organization as the Saturn in that opposition. I may try that soon as I have had many Saturnian clents and I am not too keen on more clients like that.

Home and family is ruled by Venus, the benefic of sect. Venus is placed in the third house/place, usually associated by Hellenistic Astrologers with siblings. Now I know that you have siblings because they featured in previous posts. I just wondered how important they were in your life (now and as a child) because this placement would suggest that they are indeed important to your sense of family.
As a child they were more important. Growing up my brothers and I did a lot together. As we grew up we went our separate ways. Now I do not have much contact with them at all.

My wife is my current family.

The third has secondary meanings, of which one is relevant to your topic areas. The third is a cadent house and Hellenistic Astrologers took all cadent houses as being relevant to travel. That meaning of the third is still held today, as Modern Astrology would see it as being associated with short journeys. The Long/short didn't really feature in Hellenistic times, all cadent houses were the same in this regard. Where they differed is that the ninth was more promising of good things than the others, after the ninth came the third and the sixth and twelfth were more travel that led to bad things. So the third house may be relevant here. I just need some information that will help separate the siblings from the travel or perhaps show that both areas are important.
Travel became important when I got together with my wife. We have traveled a lot compared to my earlier life. We have gone to Mexico, Thailand and crossed the USA multiple times in a VW van. That's the engine I just rebuilt. When traveling the USA we always took our time and used small roads. Our traveling days are somewhat behind us but you never know.

In the rectified chart Venus also rules the Lot of Spirit, so it's going to be interesting to see how things fit together.

Wealth in terms of fixed assets, such as land and buildings, is also fourth. Wealth in the form of income and movable assets is second house and that's ruled by Jupiter in your chart. Jupiter is in your first house and in it's own triplicity (Jupiter rules the Air signs by night). So wealth and possessions are going to be particularly relevant to you. That doesn't have to be a desire to have as much wealth as possible but it may signify a need to have financial security, especially if that was missing in childhood or there were periods when financial security was absent.

Again that's an area that might be worth exploring.

Definitely would like to explore this area if possible. There was no security growing up and it has been sporadic since then. I would like to know if there is any security in the near future.

Hope all is going well on your side of the pond.

Minderwiz

At the moment things aren't going all that well, in that my wife is still in the middle of a battery of medical tests and consultation, which has ended up putting me well behind.

I will get round to looking at this area as soon as time will allow, as I find it very interesting.

LeiifA

Sending Prayers for your wife, family and you. I do hope that the situation gets better and the health issues are resolved in a good way.

As for the thread, do not worry about it at all. Whenever you can get to it is fine. My reply took months and things are still not completely settled on this end.

Take Care