How can I check my birthday time?

Minderwiz

Got them!!!

I misread your post on your Moon position and took it at 20 degrees instead of 3 degrees and 20 minutes :( It's still not going to make a significant difference because of your Mum's memory and the timing on the certificate. To have been in Sagittarius you would have to have been born five or six hours before the time on your certificate and I think your Mum will have noticed that LOL.

ivanna

Ok, so I can keep and work with the "Official" time without much inconveniencesm isn't it?

Minderwiz

Ok, so I can keep and work with the "Official" time without much inconveniencesm isn't it?

Not quite, but very likely. I've had a look at when the rising sign changed. Although 15:00 gives an Ascendant of Libra, at 15:05 Scorpio began to rise. So your Ascendant is going to be Scorpio, as long as you were born after 15:05.

Your Mum's estimate of 15:00 is exactly that, an estimate. So the 15:05+ Scorpio Ascendant is almost certain to be right.

If you want to take it further there are several questions I could ask but you would have to treat them as objectively as you can.

ivanna

For me is fine to answer the questions but if you think is not necessary to check it, dont feel obligated to
. If this time is going to work in the future I can stay with it

Minderwiz

Personally, I think it's 99% certain your Ascendant is in Scorpio and I'd only delve further if it was really necessary for you to do so. Given your current situation I think that's a long way off and may never be necessary.

The process of delving deeper is quite long and really is best conducted as a consultation. I noticed that your Lot of Fortune is right on 0 degrees of Gemini in the eighth Whole Sign House. It changed sign just five minutes from the recorded birth time. So it might be something to look at to help determine the degree of the Ascendant. Before that it was in Taurus and in the Seventh.

At a very rough interpretation the Gemini Lot would suggest that you have some difficulties trying to influence events in your life through your own actions and when you do it tends to be through actions that are career related, or require actions on a social stage. (Mercury is in your tenth house).

If the Lot is in Taurus, you tend to assert yourself through relationships, especially with friends or people who can act as sponsors or supporters. You're likely to be more successful if your Lot is here, because it's angular and Venus is well placed in the eleventh. There might be difficulties though as Mars is also in the same house so if things start off well they may break down or require something of a struggle.

Either way, if your Ascendant is in Scorpio, your career tends to be related to or involve travel to be successful. or to issues relating to things such as religion, philosophy, Astrology, or some form of divination (the Sun rules your tenth house of career and it's in the ninth house relating to travel and those other items, though please note it can be any one of them, not necessarily all of them together.) The ruler of your ningh house is the Moon, which is in the third. That normally relates to siblings but it can also have relation to travel and at a later stage in Astrology to what one would term non-orthodox divinatory systems, such as Tarot, Hermeticism or religions such as Wicca.

If your Ascendant were in Libra you would be more likely to have a career which in someway is related to your home or family or to land.

MandMaud

sometimes they forget and then say, "oh we will just use this time" or something the Mother holds the baby with the cord still attached for a while. There could be a period of time between the birth and the cutting of the cord. But the noted time is the cord cut moment.

I'm eavesdropping on this thread as it's interesting! :)

I have read that the cutting of the cord IS the best time to use anyway - it being when the baby takes her/his first breath, and begins breathing independently , so in a way (an important way) that's the moment the individual's life begins (independent of Mum).

Is this a common attitude among astrologers? Is there, indeed, any most-used method for determining the birth time for the purpose of drawing up the chart?

ivanna

Thank you for your time, this is very insightfull.
For what I have read on the net, I find myself more close to the part of fortune in house 7th in tauro.
Related to the ascendant:
Ascendant in libra: my career, well. I own a small party store. I don't think its related to my home, neither the land or the family.

If my ascendant is in scorpio... well, for the moment my career don't involve travels to be succesful, neither things such religion / divination / astrology.
I have a sister, but we have an unexistent relation, zero, I saw her 2 years ago the last time, so maybe nothing related to siblings.

Related to the travels and astrology/tarot/hermeticism, don't know. I just started to study all this stuff about two years and a half ago.

Minderwiz

Unlike Modern Astrology, the Tradition does not require characteristics or important features to be constantly present. The Scorpio chart suggests that Travel will be significant in your life and indeed for the good. That does not mean constant travel, a single travel event may establish a new phase or direction. For example you were born in Burgos but are now in Mallorca, so some travel event happened. Was this move generally for the good, was there one move or several. Even if it's not a feature at the present, it has played a role in the past. That's something that is worth considering.

The link with career does not have to involve travel on a day to day basis, or even a regular basis. A move that allows you to get a new career or leads to more prominent action would fulfil the requirements. If you had not travelled at all and were still resident in Burgos, I'd dismiss this as a possibility and go for the Libra Ascendant.

The fact that the third house is playing a role,even if it is only recently begun, gives some testimony to the Scorpio Ascendant.

A Libra Ascendant would put your Ascendant ruler (Venus) in the twelfth house, which could suggest that you have trouble with people who try to thwart your actions or in some way prevent you doing what you are trying to do. Again this doesn't have to be a constant state of affairs but it is something that outsiders may identify you with or remember you in terms of. For one reason or another we all get identified with some single facet of our lives, even though they are intensely complex. Neil Armstrong is associated universally with the Moon, though it was not a feature of his everday life of his entire life. The same position might also focus you on a travel that did not work out or ended in some level of disaster or self undoing. It might be that you are your own worst enemy.

The Scorpio Ascendant puts the Ascendant ruler, Mars, in the eleventh house. Life is not quite so tough, with perhaps some good fortune - though this can be overturned as Mars is the most 'malefic' in your chart. It might be that your circle of friends is a feature or focus of your life, though not always with best results.

The analysis is more concerned with concrete, objective events, rather than your character as such. It wouldn't stop there because I'd also look at some techniques that try to match real events with what is predicted by the Astrology.

It becomes a slow process of dialogue but it eventually gets there or as near there as is useful.

Minderwiz

I'm eavesdropping on this thread as it's interesting! :)

I have read that the cutting of the cord IS the best time to use anyway - it being when the baby takes her/his first breath, and begins breathing independently , so in a way (an important way) that's the moment the individual's life begins (independent of Mum).

Is this a common attitude among astrologers? Is there, indeed, any most-used method for determining the birth time for the purpose of drawing up the chart?

Ideally that would be the case but life is usually more messy than that. In many countries the birth time is not recorded, such as England and Wales. So there isn't a record of any sort which relates to time of birth.

It's also possible that cutting the cord doesn't lead to independent breathing and there has to be some intervention. I'm told that when I was born, there was a real danger of death because I wasn't breathing. The midwife intervened and obviously saved me but that process took time and went on after the cord was cut. Some form of medical intervention is actually more common that we imagine. The situation therefore is rather uneven, with some countries or regions giving a good indication of time of birth, whilst others don't and what determines the Astrological basis is the memories of relatives. That's part of the 'detective' work LOL

ivanna

Thank you again.

Unlike Modern Astrology, the Tradition does not require characteristics or important features to be constantly present. The Scorpio chart suggests that Travel will be significant in your life and indeed for the good. That does not mean constant travel, a single travel event may establish a new phase or direction. For example you were born in Burgos but are now in Mallorca, so some travel event happened. Was this move generally for the good, was there one move or several. Even if it's not a feature at the present, it has played a role in the past. That's something that is worth considering.

You are right. I don't know why, but every time I've read something about travels, I thought about long travels to foreing countries. But you are right. I moved from burgos to mallorca, and back to burgos, and then back to mallorca. Thanks for make me think about this with a different perspective.

The link with career does not have to involve travel on a day to day basis, or even a regular basis. A move that allows you to get a new career or leads to more prominent action would fulfil the requirements. If you had not travelled at all and were still resident in Burgos, I'd dismiss this as a possibility and go for the Libra Ascendant.
I see now. The last move was to Mallorca, when I studied my career, which has nothing to do with what I do now, by the way.

The fact that the third house is playing a role,even if it is only recently begun, gives some testimony to the Scorpio Ascendant.

A Libra Ascendant would put your Ascendant ruler (Venus) in the twelfth house, which could suggest that you have trouble with people who try to thwart your actions or in some way prevent you doing what you are trying to do. Again this doesn't have to be a constant state of affairs but it is something that outsiders may identify you with or remember you in terms of.
That's my father, but this is a part of my past.

The Scorpio Ascendant puts the Ascendant ruler, Mars, in the eleventh house. Life is not quite so tough, with perhaps some good fortune - though this can be overturned as Mars is the most 'malefic' in your chart. It might be that your circle of friends is a feature or focus of your life, though not always with best results.

The analysis is more concerned with concrete, objective events, rather than your character as such. It wouldn't stop there because I'd also look at some techniques that try to match real events with what is predicted by the Astrology.

It becomes a slow process of dialogue but it eventually gets there or as near there as is useful.

Thanks a lot, I'm taking notes of all as it is going to help me a lot to understand my chart. thank you!!