Tarot Portraits

Briar Rose

I love it. Keep going. I am want to see more. Your art work is deep and impressive.

sacredashes

Thank you everyone for looking.. been busy but I completed a drawing recently that reminded me of The Sun card... Remember when I drew Jahanam, it is symbolic of what I see in my reality... Perhaps its the cynic speaking... perhaps its when we see too much, its hard to pretend everything is perfectly all right... But when everything falls apart, maybe something new can come out of it...

Btw.. that's a demon vampire.. not an elephant ;)

Ash

Attachments

• 73vluOEc72.jpeg
    73vluOEc72.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 149

cheimonette

Wow, that's gorgeous! Also, your images are so unique. I'd love to see you write a book describing your images. I hope you publish your deck someday! I'm working on a Kickstarter to publish mine right now, and it's an amazing experience. People would absolutely fund the printing of your deck!

fairylights

Holy crap, these are AMAZING.

The Queen of Pentacles ... wow.

flying black kat

Ash

Hey Girl:

I just saw this thread. So Beautify and moving. I love your work, and will be looking forward to see how these progress. I don't know if this is a complement or insult, but here goes. Someone liked your 3 decks of yours that we had, they sprouted legs and took off. I decided they needed them more than I did. I still can picture them in my mind when I want to, especially my favorites.

You know I will want these.

Be at Peace and Walk in Beauty
Kathy

truelighth

Just discovered this thread and as always I am blown away by your art, Ash! They are great. I will be following this again :)

Aina

That is...professional. Don't know what to say. Can I learn drawing from you? :) Really nice! I think professionally drawn cards in ANY style will always look appealing and even those who don't read it will get it for the artwork.

sacredashes

Portrait of an Empress

First of all, thank you all for the feedback. I wish I can acknowledge you individually but I am uploading from my android which means the cursor will fly to Pluto then come back and hide itself in some part of this blasted screen where I can't see it... excuse the typos hence forth.. My android gets retarded...

Finished this awhile back.. it was inspired by Vaneloppe Von Schweets coz of her glitch which I thought was an awesome "condition" though everyone else thought it was a "mistake".

There is no absolute way of portraying the feminine aspect and I never did like my Empresses pregnant tho it seems to be something the female species of the homo sapiens can do very well. Always been drawn to the stronger, darker side of Feminine aspect but it doesn't make me a feminist. I think women should have babies... I just think I'm not cut out for the job...

So here I have The Empress wearing a crown of skull coz its what inside the head that matters.. not how fertile the woman is.. Creation is an unlimited comodity, imo.. So on her crown is "servat regina colorum" or the Queen gets her color... Why is it in mirror image? Coz its a reminder for when she looks in the mirror that her power is within.

Edited to add: Drawing was done using Pen on Paper

Ash

Attachments

• 2013-12-07 17.24.34-1.jpg
    2013-12-07 17.24.34-1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 117

truelighth

I only have one word for this Empress: Awesome!

Again, such a gorgeous card. I love it!

sacredashes

Thank you, truelighth ♥