Half an hour reading

Thoughtful

I go very in depth with my readings and my readings have larger spreads. All of my clients seem to really like it, for I am very thorough and in detail with all of my cards.

This is me to. l do private face to face readings, and my readings take between 40mins-60mins. l have no spread but prefer to shuffle and lay the cards as we go along. We create a comfortable co-operation between us, and l stay open for questions as we progress. There comes a point when l know that l have placed the last card.

It's all enjoyable and interactive.

gregory

I am an "intuitive only" reader - so this could not apply:
reading is about mother in law do u keep reading about her and telling querent everything about that lady her coldness, harshness
Also - my MiL was lovely - MUCH nicer than my cold manipulative mother. You CANNOT generalise like that - but if you actually do - that would be why your readings are so short.

I have spent most of my free time over two DAYS - that would be 3 or 4 hours at least - on one card (I only read here, so it wasn't a problem.)

SunChariot

Keeping on looking at one card for long in face to face reading is difficult

Especially at events

I think that is why I don't do in person readings though. LOL

The way I read, I need to keep focusing on the card to get the answers. They come to me from inside, intuitively. So I need to be looking inwardly. Any distraction, like someone talking, would throw me out of the flow.

But that's just me. I am not an in person reader anyway. :grin:

Babs

SunChariot

I am an "intuitive only" reader - so this could not apply:

Me to basically. Although I have an idea of my set meanings for cards, the same card can give very very different meanings each time. I can't count on it following the set meaning. I have to see what it;s saying each time on the topic.

The answer is more in what I sense each time than in any meanings I have in my mind. It's more in my heart and soul, than in my mind. I need to tune in inside.

Babs

Thoughtful

l am also an intuitive reader as well, that's why l do not use spreads as such. l like to feel free to use and read the cards as they come up. And yes the cards can have several meanings aside from the rote ones.
l certainly do not spend ages on one card during a face to face reading, that would instantly stop the free flow of my readings.
If l were doing a one only card for myself then l would take the time to digest it, to see how my intuition picks up new things.

MandMaud

Great to see all these ways of reading. :)

So far I've only read online. I usually like to do two-card readings - not a spread as such, rather they are "1 card +". On average a reading takes me half an hour, and I jot a few notes, then typing it up takes another half-hour. So that's one hour, and sometimes it goes to 90 minutes or more.

Being online, this is of course without discussion. I then sometimes get into discussion arising out of the sitter's feedback (and of course, that's more time input).

I'm beginning to want to use the Celtic Cross for others (and some other longer spreads), and when I do those for myself they take about the same time. With more cards, I find it's more about relating the cards to each other than going in-depth on each one.

I am very intuitive and while I haven't read face to face, I suspect I will find it more difficult. I actually find it easiest when I know nothing about the person - a username, maybe whether they're male/female or where they are (but "among the trees" doesn't tell me where in the world ;)) - a general topic such as "love life" or "my father" or "tomorrow's job interview"... no more detail than that. I'm better without knowing; my guess is that the intuition works better in those cases.

If you work very fast I suggest charging by number of cards rather than number of minutes! - Or number of questions that they want you to treat within one session.

Many dont even nod
They are not communicating
Its monologue
So i end.up sharing my point and it ends

You could ask? :)

Thoughtful

Keeping on looking at one card for long in face to face reading is difficult

Especially at events

l agree with you not only is it difficult, it stops the free flow of the reading. Besides the sitter may get bored and then the energies between you dissipate.

Many dont even nod
They are not communicating
Its monologue
So i end.up sharing my point and it ends

Sometimes people although wanting a reading, get a little worried about what may come up, so can sit there too afraid to open up. Our role as well as reading is to put the sitter at ease. It is much better when they can interact as it heightens the energies between you. If you are an intuitive reader l feel that building the energies is very important to a smooth and productive reading.

velvetina

When I read at the shop, the sessions are advertised as taking about half an hour.

If there isn't a queue and no one else is waiting, it's very likely the reading will go on longer - it really does depend upon so many factors!

But half an hour is about right to say hello, get everyone settled and lay out something reasonably straightforward, like a Celtic Cross. Questions usually evolve naturally from that initial spread.

I don't read at fairs anymore, it can get very grim, that awful feeling of people waiting for their turn and the pressure to hurry up!

Reading privately is a different matter; I offer a private reading (at no additional charge) to any one who feels their half-hour session wasn't enough.

However, it almost always is - I think I've become accustomed to getting straight to the point! Also, I rarely refer to the past - I begin with advice, then context - and encourage questions to begin immediately. It is always a shame when folk sit in silence, passively hoping that I'll answer the question that brought them there, whilst the clock ticks!

gregory

I think if someone gave me a reading that lasted just a few minutes and just said this card says your mother in law is a cold and cruel women - I'd not expect to pay as much for it as I would for one lasting half an hour. Something worth bearing in mind, however fast one thinks one is. Even the most brilliant reader would do more than that. People wouldn't come back to someone - even one of the stellar famous people we all know - charging full whack for five minutes.

There is ALWAYS more to see.

NamasteIndia

But half an hour is about right to say hello, get everyone settled and lay out something reasonably straightforward, like a Celtic Cross. Questions usually evolve naturally from that initial spread.ks!

Half an hour to say hello??????