Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

A2 pub

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
Hi RM!

I love puzzles!
Hi Flaxen! Hi Wu! Here's the link... I choose level one (biggest/least pieces) and do a puzzle each morning... have fun!

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/covers/jigsaw

--------------------------

this magazine has been a favorite of mine for years... shades of Dorothy Parker and the Algonquin Round table, magazine where Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" was serialzed prior to publication, I once wallpapered a bathroom in New Yorker covers (landlord probably never forgave me... LOL) there's another site that features animated New Yorker cartoons...

http://ringtales.com/
Top   #211
Resident

Flaxen 

Great link!

I can see this being addictive..
Top   #212
Citizen

BlueDragonfly 

Good Morning ladies!

I used to love working jigsaw puzzles, haven't done one in a few years, though. I have a bad habit of sitting down to work the puzzle and not get up from it until I absolutely "have to"! No self-control, ya know, just one more piece........
Top   #213
Resident

Flaxen 

Morning BD!

I know what you mean. I find it hard to leave a puzzle out half-finished.
Top   #214
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonfly View Post
Good Morning ladies!

I used to love working jigsaw puzzles, haven't done one in a few years, though. I have a bad habit of sitting down to work the puzzle and not get up from it until I absolutely "have to"! No self-control, ya know, just one more piece........
morning, Blue! Try the link.. you can do the puzzle in less than 5 minutes...
Top   #215
Citizen

BlueDragonfly 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinemaiden View Post
morning, Blue! Try the link.. you can do the puzzle in less than 5 minutes...
Yes, but will "one" be enough? Will I enjoy it so much I'll want to click another, and then another......?

Top   #216
Citizen

Rhinemaiden 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDragonfly View Post
Yes, but will "one" be enough? Will I enjoy it so much I'll want to click another, and then another......?

one a day, like a vitamin! LOL
Top   #217
Born Silver-Haired

linnie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylys View Post
Yuss! Another convert to the trusty meat pie and sausage roll. Kiwis have a love affair with sausage rolls, although we buy premade rather than make our own. Good stuff and very yummy
Hello baylys ...Well.... Aussies are pretty closely associated with meat pies, too, and i have surely eaten more than a few in my day (), but I confess that in NZ last year we found a bakery in a town just outside of Lake Tekapo (South Island), where they made their own smoked salmon and bacon pies.... My SO found it to be the best pie he'd ever tasted... ever!

Hello everyone... I'm sorry to hear about flooding and freezing... I'm with baylys, in getting almost sunburnt today... luckily the market was in part shade Thermals are great for heating.... I don't have need of layers too often... but thermals are so lightweight and easy to wash dry and they're comfy. I don't imagine a person can knit or sew or lots of things if you had too many thick layers on???

Just popping in so may miss responses. Keep warm and dry, and have happy days.
Top   #218
Citizen

EllieP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinemaiden View Post
>>>>>------- morning, sweeties!

sending balmy tropical hugs to all that need them... it's 82.6 F in my living room... nice NE breeze...

my halls are all decked for the hols, listening to xmas music on sky fm, and started re-reading my treasure trove of Christmas books... this afternoon I may bake gingerbread cookies... (made the dough a couple of weeks ago and froze it)....

are there jigsaw fans here? I have a site for a free online puzzle if there's interest...
Lovely offer - thanks. But I only do real ones these days because I spend hours and hours staring at screens in the course of my work.

You are into Christmas in a big way, then! Usually I try to mentally escape. One year we went to Malta and that was lovely.
Top   #219
Citizen

BlueDragonfly 

Good evening to you, linnie! I can't say that I've ever had a traditional meat pie.

I've made a few meat pies lately that aren't really from recipes. A round pie crust baked in a square pan(8 inch), filled with a little meat, thin sliced potatoes, onion, garlic, spinach, mushrooms(all precooked), then I fold the rounded edges over the top and bake till the crust is done, then sprinkle parmesan cheese liberally on top. I call them hobbit pies, because they look so rustic/homemade. I've tried them with ground sausage, hamburger and steak, all with good results.
Top   #220

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.