Was this famous Tarot reader right or wrong?

tarot_quest

Hello ATers!

I had a tarot reading done by a professional tarot readers more than 6 months ago. She has a very good reputation online and she is quite famous. I enjoyed her reading because she has a gentle and compassionate approach.

Here is the thing. I think that she was mostly wrong in her reading, and this simple fact shaken up my belief in tarot a little bit. If one of the best reader can make mistakes, what does it mean? *I would like to precise that I understand that in any type of profession, doing some mistakes is something normal*. However, Tarot is a more abstract art and to me, I find that I can trust tarot even more when readings unfold and make sens.

As for the reading itself, I asked her if a certain branch would suit me as a career. I wanted to dismiss my original academic background and go for something very different. She described the past well and she brought different arguments to tell me that this new path would be good for me. The thing is, after applying at different places (including this new field), I realized that I did not get any positive responses and that it would be silly (and make me unhappy) to completely dismiss my academic background for my next job. So I finally got a job (yeah!), but not at all in the field I asked her about.

So what happened here? The answer might sound simple to you guys, but it confuses me. As I said, I realized after some months that 1) I don't have the qualification for this new field (hence no return from the companies) and that 2) I would not have enjoyed it anyways (because I want to use the skills that I developed while studying in my field).

Have you already got a reading that was a bit off by a very famous reader? Or could it be that I will eventually use some of the skills required in the field for which I asked the question, and she saw it as ''yes, this field is for you'', even if I will never be exactly in this field?

blueeyetea

Sounds like she answered the question you asked, then you changed your mind about what the question should have been. Was finding a job part of the question? Being suited to a field, and prospects of getting a job aren't necessarily the same thing.

Ruby Jewel

Hello ATers!

I had a tarot reading done by a professional tarot readers more than 6 months ago. She has a very good reputation online and she is quite famous. I enjoyed her reading because she has a gentle and compassionate approach.

Here is the thing. I think that she was mostly wrong in her reading, and this simple fact shaken up my belief in tarot a little bit. If one of the best reader can make mistakes, what does it mean? *I would like to precise that I understand that in any type of profession, doing some mistakes is something normal*. However, Tarot is a more abstract art and to me, I find that I can trust tarot even more when readings unfold and make sens.

As for the reading itself, I asked her if a certain branch would suit me as a career. I wanted to dismiss my original academic background and go for something very different. She described the past well and she brought different arguments to tell me that this new path would be good for me. The thing is, after applying at different places (including this new field), I realized that I did not get any positive responses and that it would be silly (and make me unhappy) to completely dismiss my academic background for my next job. So I finally got a job (yeah!), but not at all in the field I asked her about.

So what happened here? The answer might sound simple to you guys, but it confuses me. As I said, I realized after some months that 1) I don't have the qualification for this new field (hence no return from the companies) and that 2) I would not have enjoyed it anyways (because I want to use the skills that I developed while studying in my field).

Have you already got a reading that was a bit off by a very famous reader? Or could it be that I will eventually use some of the skills required in the field for which I asked the question, and she saw it as ''yes, this field is for you'', even if I will never be exactly in this field?

There are no guarantees in the cards. Your life is in your own hands...not that of the reader or of the cards. When she reads the cards, your energy field is what the cards are relaying to her. If you draw the Ace of Wands, which is a "seed" card, there is no guarantee that it will sprout and grow. You still have to water it and maneuver your life in that direction. It is totally unacceptable to shift all the blame to the reader or the cards as it sits squarely on your shoulders. Next time use the energy wisely and hope for the best...let go of expectations.

Starri Knytes

Here's the dig,
Your personal choices determine if the reading will be hit or miss.

You asked, "if a certain branch would suit me as a career."
It might have suited you very well had you prepared for that career. And you might have been successful and happy at it.

But it sounds as if you expected this to happen by magic.

It's entirely possible that you would have been perfectly suited for the position you asked about but if you don't follow the path that leads to the job (fulfilling the job prerequisites) it likely won't happen.

You have a responsibility in this to you have to do your part if you want to succeed.

If this is a good path for you, you should not be sitting around wondering why it's not happening and get up and begin the journey down the path.

In the meantime instead of the preparing yourself for a new career you changed your mind.

If you changed your mind half way and decided to do something else how does that become the readers fault? You've made the decision to change your path.

You didn't even give the readers path a legitimate chance to succeed by not completing the job requirements.
I find no fault with the reader here.

Perhaps your question needed to be something like, Would I be better suited for job A or should I remain on my current path and in my current position?

avalonian

I don't think she was wrong, she said the new field would be good for you. You decided not to follow that path, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't have been good for you. And you could always get the qualifications you needed if you wanted to. It's often easier to stick to what we know, rather than venturing into the unknown, it sounds like this might be what has happened here.

If you had gone into that field and had a terrible time -then maybe that could be classed as the reading being wrong.

:)

magicjack

I can understand what you mean. You feel she should have been able to tell you this career is not for you and it's not going to happen so just forget about it. That you will stay in the same field you are already in and not go into this other field. But that is not what she saw. Her cards randomly fell in front of her and she said this field would be good for you to go in. Now it's possible she should have seen all of this was going to happen, but the fact that you would be good at this new career is also a fact. You can't exactly dismiss what she said. Now I don't know every detail in this reading but the answer you got to your question could very well be right. You probably need to be in this other field but your not. You might even change your mind again and end up there. Your life isn't over. Your problem was your not qualified, not if you would be good at it. You can still have it if you want it. Maybe you should have asked where will I be in 6 months. Would we still get the same answer? Maybe she would have said " oh yes, you will get a job in that field". Then I'd ask for my money back.

tarot_quest

Sounds like she answered the question you asked, then you changed your mind about what the question should have been. Was finding a job part of the question? Being suited to a field, and prospects of getting a job aren't necessarily the same thing.

Hi blueeyetea,

The reader knew my background (that I was looking for a job and that I wanted to go for this new field). So I asked if this new field would suit me and if I could find a job in not too long because I was also broken after my studies.

tarot_quest

There are no guarantees in the cards. Your life is in your own hands...not that of the reader or of the cards. When she reads the cards, your energy field is what the cards are relaying to her. If you draw the Ace of Wands, which is a "seed" card, there is no guarantee that it will sprout and grow. You still have to water it and maneuver your life in that direction. It is totally unacceptable to shift all the blame to the reader or the cards as it sits squarely on your shoulders. Next time use the energy wisely and hope for the best...let go of expectations.

I agree that my life is in my ow hands at 100% :). However, I am not blaming the reader at all. I am pretty happy to start a new job and I started this thread because I did not understand what happened, which is a topic for ''how tarot works''. I find you a bit judgmental regarding my original question when you are saying ''totally unacceptable'', but I am not offended. Thanks for your input nonetheless.

tarot_quest

Here's the dig,
Your personal choices determine if the reading will be hit or miss.

You asked, "if a certain branch would suit me as a career."
It might have suited you very well had you prepared for that career. And you might have been successful and happy at it.

But it sounds as if you expected this to happen by magic.

Yes, this make sens. You just lighted a light bulb in my mind ;) I mean that this is a life lesson for me. To make a story very short, a was so sick to be in a toxic environment during my studies that everything related to my original field was making me feel nauseous. After applying for months in a new field, I realized that ''hey, I don't have the required background''. I also came to realize that I would terribly miss my original formation by dismissing it. So when I applied to the field for which I am not suited, it is true that I had a magical thinking. I had a reality check when no company hired me and this led me to the question ''is it the right place for me?'', and the honest answer ''no'' came not long after.

It's entirely possible that you would have been perfectly suited for the position you asked about but if you don't follow the path that leads to the job (fulfilling the job prerequisites) it likely won't happen.

You have a responsibility in this to you have to do your part if you want to succeed.

If this is a good path for you, you should not be sitting around wondering why it's not happening and get up and begin the journey down the path.

In the meantime instead of the preparing yourself for a new career you changed your mind.

If you changed your mind half way and decided to do something else how does that become the readers fault? You've made the decision to change your path.

You didn't even give the readers path a legitimate chance to succeed by not completing the job requirements.
I find no fault with the reader here.

Perhaps your question needed to be something like, Would I be better suited for job A or should I remain on my current path and in my current position?

Thanks for this point Starry. I agree that my question was perhaps vague. After describing my background, I asked ''would a job in the field of X be a good fit for me?''. I should have asked ''do I have a chance to enter the field of X soon, considering my background?''

tarot_quest

I don't think she was wrong, she said the new field would be good for you. You decided not to follow that path, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't have been good for you. And you could always get the qualifications you needed if you wanted to. It's often easier to stick to what we know, rather than venturing into the unknown, it sounds like this might be what has happened here.

If you had gone into that field and had a terrible time -then maybe that could be classed as the reading being wrong.

:)

It is a bit complicated to explain, but she might have picked up the fact that I wanted a job with more social interactions and the cards expressed it. The field for which I asked the question emphasis the social aspect, but the job I got (in my field) also emphasis this aspect. It is not black and white after all :), so I can see why she said that this new field was going to work out (again, considering that my new job incorporate a little something from this field)