Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 295 : March 25 - March 31

csmith0406

Tabula Mundi Babylon

Just a further update on Tabula Mundi, for anyone who is interested. I've found it easy to read with, even with the Thoth-system learning-curve I have. It's also accurate and meaningful for me. The book, written by the artist, is very helpful in understanding the cards. And her choices of symbols stick in my head, so I find it easier to read as I go along, and rarely have to check the book twice.

As Rose said, she uses symbols throughout the deck, in related cards, which really adds a level of meaning, making it easier to read with. She also uses color in a way I can tell is meaningful, but still need to learn about.

Also, this is a fantastic deck, which I just love, and I think everyone should have it. Just in case I didn't mention that before.

Green Faerie

I find oracle decks add depth to a reading or are good to wrap up a reading. They offer something a little different flavored than tarot as most oracles have overtly positive overtones, whereas tarot is more balanced. I like pulling an oracle card at the end as a final piece of advice, like the cherry on top of a good balanced reading. I also sometimes include them as the central card and theme of a reading and use tarot cards to fill in the details. For example I pulled Hawthorn- Heart Healing today as my theme of the day, if that makes sense.
It's definitely not a stupid question :) There's many different ways to combine tarot and oracle cards in readings.

Thank you so much! This is great perspective and advice, and I like the idea of using oracle cards as a kind of "topping" or overall theme of a reading. That's really helpful. :)

Green Faerie

I just think it's kind of fun. Plus there have been very few oracle decks (there are a couple, but not many) that I personally would want to use on their own for a week.

Happy my time with the Secret Forest is over, but not a bad deck.

Fun is good! We like fun. :) At some point I am sure I will have to try combining tarot and oracle decks; I'm all for adding another enjoyable layer to readings. Right now it just feels like a lot, though, particularly when I struggle to even get out my decks during the week.

Ballerina

Hi. I've been feeling very disconnected from the earth lately in my urban jungle so I am going to work with The Green Man Tree Oracle this week. It's by John Matthews and Will Worthington. I haven't used it in years so I'm going to reread the book and do some readings.

BodhiSeed

Hi. I've been feeling very disconnected from the earth lately in my urban jungle so I am going to work with The Green Man Tree Oracle this week. It's by John Matthews and Will Worthington. I haven't used it in years so I'm going to reread the book and do some readings.

Ballerina, you might want to post in the new thread for this week found here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=272422
:)