Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 302 : May 13 - May 19

Cynthia_H

Thanks for the welcome all and the tips and ideas, look forward to the upcoming week. Cheers, Cynthia

AJ

I missed posting. I've used the Wildwood this week. Took it in a trade.
I'm dropping it in the burn barrel.

csmith0406

I missed posting. I've used the Wildwood this week. Took it in a trade.
I'm dropping it in the burn barrel.

What is the burn barrel???

Carojulie

Hello friends,

Welcome to Catschinwag, Cynthia and Luxa !

I have not chosen my deck for the week yet.

As this is the no rule thread, I will tell you a small slice of my life here, to explain why I have not chosen a deck yet. I hope you wont mind.
If you find this inapropriate, please tell me, so I can take the story out, I will understand. Or you can ask the mods. But I think it should be OK since this is the no rule thread.

The last two days have been sad. On thursday morning my beautiful cat Aria fell in the neighbour's well and was taken out of the well thanks to the help of three neighbours. The well was deep and there was very cold water in the bottom. It was uneasy to reach the bottom, the ladder we had was too short.... it took almost an hour to get her out, and she was in severe hypothermia when we eventually got her out and took her to the vet.
The vet did all he could to warm her back to life for two days, but the hypothermia was too deep, and eventually Aria's little heart just stopped yesterday.
So, later today, my husband and sons and I are going to take her little body in the mountains near our home, to find a resting place for her.

Aria was our little sweet black kitty, she had green eyes and long black hair, she was very special, shy but loving, petite but with a very strong purr and a craving for belly rubs.
She was our only black kitty, and our smallest. Our two other cats are bigger, they are lookalike twins but each with their special personality, they are jolly cats with light gray tabby fur, and they are not shy at all. Aria was different in many ways. I am very sad.

Anyway, that is the reason I have not given any time to my tarot practice yet, and I still have to choose a deck. I would like a soft deck, to cheer me up, but I do not know which to choose. I hesitate between a few :
The tarot of a Moon garden
The tarot of the Mystical cats (never used this one, though)
The Animal wisdom tarot
The Chrysalis tarot

I will try to chose later today. However, if you have any idea to advise me, either from this list or from the decks listed on my profile, I will be very grateful !

Have a nice weekend everybody !

csmith0406

Carojulie I'm so sorry to hear about little Aria. These little animals share our lives for such a brief time but are such a blessing while they are with us!

I don't know if the mystical cats deck would be a comfort or make you sad, be a painful reminder. If you feel like you might be comforted by cats on every card, acting like cats do, then that would be a good choice.

Otherwise the Tarot of a Moon Garden looks pretty and soothing.

Be well.

Luxa

Thank you for the lovely welcome everyone!

Carojulie, i'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet little kitty Aria. It sounds like you have a beautiful resting place planned for her.
I don't know the other decks, but I find Chrysalis can be a balm for your heart at times. Good luck choosing.

AJ

Hello friends,

Welcome to Catschinwag, Cynthia and Luxa !

I have not chosen my deck for the week yet.

Anyway, that is the reason I have not given any time to my tarot practice yet, and I still have to choose a deck. I would like a soft deck, to cheer me up, but I do not know which to choose. I hesitate between a few :
The tarot of a Moon garden
The tarot of the Mystical cats (never used this one, though)
The Animal wisdom tarot
The Chrysalis tarot

!

I'm sorry for your loss, and traumatic it is. An animal gives unconditional love unless taught otherwise, one of our deepest needs in this world full of judgement.
Chrysalis Tarot would be my suggestion, it is full of yellow and orange spirit lifters. /AJ
No rules, Sharyn

AJ

What is the burn barrel???

Burn pile would be better phrased, here, in the country you can have a burn pile, made up of downed twigs, rotten logs, etc. We do one about twice a year as property cleanup.
This deck and book will be part of the fire tender.

VGimlet

Aw, sorry for your loss Carojulie. :( You did everything you could for her.

When I'm feeling particularly sad I got back to one of my comfort decks, a deck I know well, that makes me feel better. For me it's the Universal RW, or my Gilded.

lantana

I'm so sorry for your loss, Carojulie. I've been there many times myself. Aria sounds like a very sweet kitty who got to live a life surrounded by love.

Of the decks you listed, I would go with Animal Wisdom, which is my own comfort deck. It has such a nostalgic childhood picture book feeling to it. But whichever deck is the most comforting to you, I'd say go with that.