Celtic Cross Books

iness

My unsolicited suggestion is that since you admit you are still in the beginning stages that you learn more about the cards in general and stick to spreads with fewer cards in them - that way the 10-12 cards in most CC spreads will not be so intimidating or overpowering when you work up to that level. Roma was not built in a day ... or at night! :joke:

well I can see where you are coming from, yes I am not very experience, the cards I know... getting better everyday, learning everyday and as you suggest I usually do small spreads and that is exactly why I asked for the book in my first post :) (2 cards)

thanks for the feedback anyway...

iness

Another vote for Dusty White's no-nonsense breakdown of the CC. As I recall, Joan Bunning's book also has a good exercise on breaking the CC up into its constituent pairs.

thank you :)

Teheuti

My book, Tarot for Your Self, has an in-depth chapter on the Celtic Cross Spread.

Teheuti

Rodney - you wouldn't believe all the stuff I forget every day!

I like to think of the first six cards as representing one's body - with the head (consciousness), heart (and the central tension in it) and the base of the spine (root), along with the left (receptive-past) and the right (expressive-future) arms. The four cards on the right are a path of probability.

iness

My book, Tarot for Your Self, has an in-depth chapter on the Celtic Cross Spread.

Thanks so much for your feedback! :)
I have that book but I wanted the positions with a little more depth to it... I'll take a look any way maybe it's more insightful from what I remember.

iness

Rodney - you wouldn't believe all the stuff I forget every day!

I like to think of the first six cards as representing one's body - with the head (consciousness), heart (and the central tension in it) and the base of the spine (root), along with the left (receptive-past) and the right (expressive-future) arms. The four cards on the right are a path of probability.

thank you :) that's an interesting approach... I remember that the tarot for yourself mentions something like that :)

thanks for sharing ... I appreciate it!