My Madhubani inspired Indian tarot deck

Aina

I think I'm gonna do a tarot reading on my borders :) What do you think? Black, red, white, both? My writing, printed writing, devanagari inspired font or simple font, Roman numbers or greek? Big size, small or normal ? Colored laminated version + get black and white for free? Both laminated versions. One mini version? One laminated one cardboard version??? Any ideas on final border thing??? I just know some people are allergic to white boarders. I am allergic to small images. What do you think?

Mystic Zyl

Maybe you could use red borders for wands, yellow for swords, black for pentacles and blue for cups? Why not try to make it close to the Indian culture using symbols etc. The black and white version I would not laminate, so people could color them in as too personalize the cards for the use. The other cards I would laminate as they shuffle easier. I am not fond of mini versions, as I like to concentrate on the card and a small picture is annoying...my clients also like bigger cards as they too are fascinated with the art work too. Borders could be twisted silk ropes or chains with jewels embedded in them. Maybe all the borders have black and gold twisted silk cords with different colored jewels for each suit...like yellow gems for swords, etc?

Aina

Thanks for the feedback. I might just make them plain this time and another deck - black and white. It's going to be free for download and I'll put it on my site. I'm making another deck that will be a little like a drawing on papyrus.

GryffinSong

Yeah, plain sounds best for a first go-round. I wouldn't make the borders different colors, because then its usually possible to see that when shuffling (the color often shows a little on the edges) making it clear what suit was what.

I love that you're doing a download!!! That's very kind of you to share your work that way. :)

Aina

Yeah, plain sounds best for a first go-round. I wouldn't make the borders different colors, because then its usually possible to see that when shuffling (the color often shows a little on the edges) making it clear what suit was what.

I love that you're doing a download!!! That's very kind of you to share your work that way. :)

Yes,I finally fixed my scanner and will upload the black and white version on my blog. People can print it on a cardboard and color them. Anyway it was just the project that took 3 weeks to make.

Aina

It's been a while since no one has replied. I am wondering whether the deck is any good? I feel people (and myself) are more into realistic decks that are painted, such as Druid Craft, Legacy of the Divine and others. This one maybe belong to the group of decks that are experimental, fast and "one time" or "for fun" rather than a serious use. Next time I make a deck, I'm going to aim for a more realistic, painted one :)

GryffinSong

It's been a while since no one has replied. I am wondering whether the deck is any good? I feel people (and myself) are more into realistic decks that are painted, such as Druid Craft, Legacy of the Divine and others. This one maybe belong to the group of decks that are experimental, fast and "one time" or "for fun" rather than a serious use. Next time I make a deck, I'm going to aim for a more realistic, painted one :)

Oh! I haven't replied because I haven't seen it. Where are they?

Aina

Oh! I haven't replied because I haven't seen it. Where are they?

The links are on the first post of the thread. I've deleted the original URL and added a new one. Maybe I should have just put the links here...(?)

GryffinSong

I saw those links. I thought you said the whole deck was available for printing, and those photos don't show all the cards. Am I missing something?

truelighth

What a lovely deck! I really like it! I would love to see this in print. Did you make a complete deck or are you going to complete it? I hope so.