My Madhubani inspired Indian tarot deck

C.M.M.

Oh wow, these are really nice!

Aina

I love these! Madhubani art is so evocative. I hope you find a way to print them.

Glad to hear you'd be interested. This is a super primitive art, sometimes I wonder if it's worth to publish because it was too easy to make it, lol :)

Aina

Yes, please take a look at GameCrafter. They will print very small runs for not a lot of money, and allow you to see and feel the deck finished in your hands. The size is not large, but big enough. Also, it allows other people to get a chance to buy a copy if they like. I like their service a lot.

I like the look of the deck a lot. The simplified Indian style of it is appealing, and it's quite readable. What about the possibility of doing the wording in your local language?

++++++

Thanks for the opinion and encouragement! I thought about writing the titles in Hindi but I am not sure about how to translate it :) I am making several other decks as well. They might have a Hindi wording :)

merissa_88

Thanks for the opinion and encouragement! I thought about writing the titles in Hindi but I am not sure about how to translate it :) I am making several other decks as well. They might have a Hindi wording :)

That's interesting. This one is pretty easy to read without words, because you've blended the Indian and RWS imagery so well. Maybe you don't need to translate?

Aina

Hello, I'm uploading my Madhubani deck on the blog where you can print them out and stick to the playing card backs, crop them and do whatever you want to make your own cards for free. But yes, the mass selling and such things are not allowed.

Right now only about 45 cards have been added to the site and as they are all done, I'll put the rest on my blog soon. During all this time, my taste for tarot has been changing so I don't feel so passionate about this deck as before. It's also probably very simplistic and primitive, that's why I don't want to think about publishing. However I'll be happy if you DIY and use it at home, for blogs or anything else if you like it and if you don't, it's OK too, lol.

http://mytarotart.blogspot.in/2013/10/madhubani-tarot-cards-diy.html

Aina

THE DECK IS DONE AND READY ON MY BLOG FOR FREE PRINT OUTS

OK so I'm done with this deck. Just the final note for anyone interested in this weird primitive Indian folk art inspired deck. It's finished, you can view it and read my review on it on my blog. You can also download the images and print them out at home and make your DIY MAdhubani tarot cards by sticking them onto playing cards and laminating with the broad packing/cello/sticky tape:

http://mytarotart.blogspot.in/2013/10/madhubani-tarot-cards-diy.html