The Light Visions Tarot

eadsjamesreads

Hello Everyone!

My name is James R Eads, I'm a Los Angeles based illustrator and I'm new to this community.

I've been working on my own tarot deck, The Light Visions tarot, for the past year. I am excited to say, it is nearing completion and I wanted to share it with all of you. The Light Visions Tarot is a full 78 card tarot deck printed in a limited edition, and hand signed and numbered. Additionally, the Light Visions Tarot has inspired a series of 23 art prints based on the Major Arcana. Because of the sheer size of the project, I've started a kickstarter campaign to help with the funding of the decks and prints. By becoming a backer to The Visions Project, you can be a proud owner of a limited edition Light Visions Tarot Deck.

You can learn more about the project and spread the word among your friends here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jamesreads/the-visions-project

Thank you for taking the time to check it out!

JayBee

I can't recall how, but I came across your website several months ago and was drawn to some of your sold-out prints. Somehow, I managed to forget to bookmark your site and, well...out of sight, out of mind, I'm afraid. So thank you for posting, James. I have just purchased your major arcana and am hoping to contribute to your kickstarter campaign.

eadsjamesreads

Thanks, Jay I really appreciate that!

Chronata

wow. There are some really spectacular images here. I really like what you have created!

I am putting this one on my watch list for later, when I can afford another tarot.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, James!

For something called "Light Visions" your deck is rather dark. Not a complaint though as I actually like the art. :bugeyed: A Strawberries card?!?!?!?!?! :bugeyed: That's f-ing hilarious/brilliant! :joke:

In something of a rush so don't have time to go off the first page to see if you have any images of the minors. Will they be scenic (a la RWS), moody (a la Thoth), illustrated (a la TdM) or pips?

Rodney

merissa_88

Beautiful work! It reminds me of woodcuts and I love that.

BTW, welcome to AT!

SixDegrees

I will buy the full 78 card version when it is available for sure!

eadsjamesreads

Thank you! The Minor Arcana is illustrated as four continuous panoramas. Each suit will be a scrolling narrative but in the same illustration style as the Major Arcana. You can see the beginning of the "Story of Wands" here: http://kck.st/18lhLO2

cheimonette

Wow, those are wonderful! I really like the evocative images, and the continuity of the style. Such a beautiful deck!

Padma

oooo scratchboard! I LOVE it! :heart:

Must start counting my pennies to see if I can do this. This is awesome art!