Oracle decks with many cards?

dancing_moon

I'm interested in Oracle decks that have many cards, but I don't seem to find anything except Tea Leaf Fortune Cards (200 cards!). I like this deck, but I'm wondering if it's just one of a kind in this particular aspect.

Do you know of or own any Oracle decks that have more than the average 30-60 cards? What are your impressions of them? I'll be grateful for any suggestions. :)

celticnoodle

Shaman Wisdom Cards have 65 cards in them. I do not have this deck myself, but knew of it and there are some others too--but I have them at my vacation home, now. If I can think of others, I'll let you know. Also the deck is inexpensive and available easily.

As soon as I posted this, I thought of another oracle deck that a friend recently got and told me about. It looks really interesting and I know my friend loves them. Called "The Enchanted Map Oracle" and they have 54 cards in the pack. Beautiful artwork! Also very easily obtained and inexpensive too.

dancing_moon

Thanks, CN! They both look lovely, each in its own way, and I'm going to keep them in mind. The Enchanted Map is rather on the short side, though (54, like a standard playing card deck). I know, I know, quality is not in quantity. :D

I'll be looking forward to any more finds you might have. :)

AJ

shell oracle has 200 cards I think.

The Heart of Faerie Oracle can be combined with the Faerie Oracle (both by Froud) would bring the deck up to 134 cards

there is one ongoing group of decks but I can't for the life of me think of who it is by, it was great for story telling
and one deck that you can buy more cards for
someone will come along with a better brain than mine

rachelcat

there is one ongoing group of decks but I can't for the life of me think of who it is by, it was great for story telling
and one deck that you can buy more cards for
You're thinking of Storyworld by John and Caitlin Matthews. They are large cards with a base pack of about 40 cards, and many (like 10 or so?) add-on packs with 20 or so cards each. That would add up to lots of cards!

(Not oracle, but I shuffled 3 mini tarots together for 234 cards. Hard to shuffle, but interesting to read with!)

dancing_moon

Thanks very much, AJ and rachelcat! Did you mean Ocean Oracle? I love shells, so it's definitely a possibility. :thumbsup: Storyworld sounds like an interesting concept - is it suitable for readings as well?

Oh yes, I was thinking about combining several decks. Wonderful suggestions for combinations, this is my 'back-up option' just in case. :D

celticnoodle

shell oracle has 200 cards I think.
hadn't heard of these, and found here on A.T. they are pretty cards. I like them!

You're thinking of Storyworld by John and Caitlin Matthews. They are large cards with a base pack of about 40 cards, and many (like 10 or so?) add-on packs with 20 or so cards each. That would add up to lots of cards!
wow! those are great too!! And, very inexpensive. What a great way to introduce children to the art of story telling - with cards....it just might sneak by the son in laws hard core stance against 'tarot' for the kids. I will have to look into these! :D

Mi-Shell

Pathfinders: The Animal Totem Deck
It has 83 cards

Miss Divine

The Tao oracle has over 60 cards. This is an excellent overlooked deck. I waited years to purchase it, but I am surprised at the depth of this deck. One of the best in my opinion.

dancing_moon

Pathfinders: The Animal Totem Deck
It has 83 cards

Thanks for this one, Mi-Shell! Definitely looks interesting and surprisingly consistent for a deck created by so many artists.

The Tao oracle has over 60 cards. This is an excellent overlooked deck. I waited years to purchase it, but I am surprised at the depth of this deck. One of the best in my opinion.

Thank you, Miss Divine! What a gorgeous deck! I was thinking about I Ching-based Oracles, and I'm sure I'll get to learning that system one day. Only, perhaps, not soon. :D