Magical Forest - King of Pentacles

karen0205

from lwb: possession, control of resources

The King has a pentacle on his lap be he appears to be watching
everything around to make sure nothing is going on to take anything
away from him. He's alert and bright eyed. There are fruit on the
ground in front of him which are just thrown about like they are excess
and no one cares if they spoil. Maybe he has too much money.
Could the apples be a sign of a fruitful business transaction?
I would think they would be in a basket if they were to be taken
as something positive and valued. The way they are thrown about
leads me more to the conclusion that he's a bit wasteful.

He's sitting behind the wall of the castle so he must be wealthy.
A man who is successful in business and money matters.
Good one to ask advice of on financial issues.

Attachments

• Pentacles - King.jpg
    Pentacles - King.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 622

r0sered1ster

Magical Forest- King of Pentacles

I see the apples as an example of his wealth but I wonder if he sits up on his turret a bit too tall? I kind of put him in the stubborn type category as the Knight, maybe a bit too solid and authoritative. He still reminds me of someone I'd want in my corner instead of on the opposite side.

Extoria

There are five apples. Four are in front of him - thrown like tributes or tithes. One is hidden to our left of his throne. A secret stash he keeps? A gift given but not noticed because he is too focused on watching everyone to make sure they don't take anything away from him?

He feels he's worked hard to get where he is and is deathly afraid that other people will take away his prized possessions. He's like a child, scared that people will steal his toys, take them and not give them back. So he holds what he can tight to himself and only lets certain others, perhaps no one, use it.

It's that fifth apple that's bothering me. Why is it to one side of his throne?

Also, the mountains on either side of his throne are different colours. The one on the side with the apple is lighter than the one on the other side. The light in the image seems to be coming, at least partly, from the lower left (see the way the pentacle is lit). People are legitimately trying to help him, but he is so afraid that they will steal his stuff that he is paralyzed with indecision about whether to reach forward and take the apples offered in case he loses grip of his pentacle. Maybe the apple to one side is the only one he's managed to take so far.

So, someone who has put a lot of stock in their amassed material wealth and is loath to let any of it go, even to gain new more useful stuff, because he does not trust others.