The Star as center of attention

danielnogo

Garden...The person is likely to be popular therefore the center of attention. Social, partier and a people's person. Probably into the outdoors as well.

How could you not know that?

Lenormand Garden Meaning
Keywords: PUBLIC, meetings, groups, social activities, networking, parties, concerts, society.

Why are you so condescending? I could care less what you think of my interpretations, your attitude is the kind of attitude that drives people away from lenormand. So closed minded and snobbish, how bout you accept that many people have different ways to read the cards?

danielnogo

I'm still not so sure I agree with you Daniel but I thought of how Stars could fit, the centre of someone's universe or their own universe :)
I'm sure we all have our own quirks and ways we interpret the cards that are dsifferent from others. I'm not trying to redefine the cards lol, just expand the possibilities of my readings.

I only wish certain people would be as understanding as you, I mean people cannot even agree on which card between the whip, lillies, and like 2 other cards represent sex, so to say that there is only one way to interpret the cards is just condescending. Honestly IMO as long as you keep your definitions consistent you and the cards will establish an understanding and they will speak to you, regardless of whether your definitions fit into some strict tradition. This isnt aimed at you I'm just really sick of the current of snobbery flowing through certain parts of the lenormand community.

DownUnderNZer

A few could be the center of attention.

The Coffin is an emotional vampire therefore would seek attention to get that fix.

The Cross is the sickly type that feels all kinds of pain so would want people to fuss or do things for them.

The Mice is the worry wart that stresses and may at times be high maintenance therefore an attention seeker.

The Star then may be an attention seeker but to be known and adored perhaps.

The Bouquet might want admiration for being picture perfect with a dazzling smile.

Point is "the center of attention" doesn't just belong to one card really and it comes down to the person and situation. :)

danielnogo

I am not sure about the centre of attention. I guess it is better described by Garden card. Star can mean to be famous.
Everytime I get Star card - it means for me something (depends on my question) is being clarified or I make finally clear abot this situation/person...
Star card as person means more person who is interested in astrology, spiritual world, science or IT and mainly person with open mind accessible for non-traditional issues.
Dreamer is more described by Moon card.
The clarification aspect makes alot of sense, thats a new one for me, I'm always learning, my reasoning with the star card being the center of attention, is that the star can mean fame or celebrity, and so I'm thinking someone who feels like they should be constantly doted on like a famous person, or someone who is a narcissist, it would depend on the combination of course, and the question.

danielnogo

A few could be the center of attention.

The Coffin is an emotional vampire therefore would seek attention to get that fix.

The Mice is the sickly type that feels all kinds of pain so would want people to fuss or do things for them.

The Star then may be an attention seeker but to be known and adored perhaps.

The Bouquet might want admiration for being picture perfect with a dazzling smile.

Point is "the center of attention" doesn't just belong to one card really and it comes down to the person and situation. :)
That makes sense, I hope you didnt feel like I was challenging your methods or anything like that, I am relatively new to lenormand, only been doing it for about a year. I would love to think I am pretty advanced for how short of a time I've been doing it but I am less than perfect. Sometimes you can come off a little condescending, I dont know if thats just me reading to much into it, but saying things like "how could you not know that?" is kind of a dick move IMO. I see your from NZ though so I'm guessing you probably didnt mean it and maybe its just a language thing, but you just seemed to come off kind of abrasive from the first post. Forgive me if that isnt the case.

DownUnderNZer

I thought you meant you knew a lot of the meanings already . Traditional and so forth.

It is okay.

I'm going on 10 years with the Lenormand and still don't feel more than at an Intermediate level.

I didn't have books or the English translation except from the two women who taught me.

So you are lucky to have a lot of resources and books now. :)

That makes sense, I hope you didnt feel like I was challenging your methods or anything like that, I am relatively new to lenormand, only been doing it for about a year. I would love to think I am pretty advanced for how short of a time I've been doing it but I am less than perfect. Sometimes you can come off a little condescending, I dont know if thats just me reading to much into it, but saying things like "how could you not know that?" is kind of a dick move IMO. I see your from NZ though so I'm guessing you probably didnt mean it and maybe its just a language thing, but you just seemed to come off kind of abrasive from the first post. Forgive me if that isnt the case.

danielnogo

I thought you meant you knew a lot of the meanings already . Traditional and so forth.

It is okay.

I'm going on 10 years with the Lenormand and still don't feel more than at an Intermediate level.

I didn't have books or the English translation except from the two women who taught me.

So you are lucky to have a lot of resources and books now. :)

Okay I get it, you thought I was much more advanced than I am so you didnt get how someone could be experienced yet not know something so basic, sorry I can be a little defensive, one of my many character flaws ;)

I have learned most of what I know from donnaleigh, and also the book "the essential lenormand" by Rana George, which is freakin amazing. I have all the meanings memorized for the most part, but sometimes those subtle nuances escape me, which is why I'm always trying to learn new things so that the cards can speak to me more clearly, sometimes I think there are cultural things that a lot of people from europe understand, that I miss since I live in america. I am so glad there are books like the essential lenormand around to help me, and donnaleigh is amazing. The tarot will always be my first love, but I seriously am obsessed with lenormand. I actually kind of like the fact that lenormand isnt as popular as tarot yet, mainly because I have a deck thats being released soon and there is much less market saturation with lenormand decks so I'm hoping that translates into more sales since there isnt as much diversity to draw people away from my deck. My deck sticks with the traditional card images almost to the letter, using story book images from books like mother goose.
f949ca7f6c1c79eca51cac132b4cfb02a6351780

Lee

Moderator note:

Hey folks, there's a couple of forum rules I think I need to remind everyone of:

First (from our Lenormand Forum Posting Rules):
Teaching or judging threads, posts, or comments in posts - such as where one grades members' reading abilities or challenges others to prove their reading methods - are NOT allowed.
Second (from the Aeclectic Forum Rules):
Avoid meta-discussion, which is discussing the discussion you're having. Instead of talking about the thread or post itself while you're posting in it, stick to the original topic. Any concerns about our policies, rules or guidelines should be sent privately to a moderator or to administration for handling.
So: Don't make disparaging comments about others' interpretations or knowledge or abilities.

And: If you think someone has violated forum rules in a post, the appropriate response is to PM a moderator (in this case, me), or simply hit the "Report Post" icon (white triangle at the bottom left of every post) which will automatically generate a PM to the moderators with the opportunity to type in an explanation of why you are reporting the post.

Let's get back to the subject of this thread, which is the Star as center of attention.

Thanks,
Lee, Lenormand Moderator

DownUnderNZer

Rewrote the above as Cross should have been where the Mice is and Mice with its own possibility.

Both negative and high maintenance types only Cross would be more the sickly one.

ThtDancerGuy

But what about putting it in the context of a love reading?

Say we have The Clover + The Stars, I would interpret that as a small improvement of visibility in the other persons eyes, or maybe multiple small improvements that happen in succession. What would you say?

Generally, Clover + Stars could be lucky (Clover) expansion (Stars), a successful (Stars) opportunity (Clover), luck (Clover) that spreads out (Stars), etc. In the context of a love reading, it all depends on the specifics of the question about the relationship (single? dating? etc.), but a possible meaning could be small luck (Clover) with dating/your significant other that expands and multiplies (Stars). Either way, it's positive.