moonman

Hi All,

Apart from the butterfly does anyone know the symbols for the
King & Queen of Swords?

Seb

Natalya

dont forget birds

HudsonGray

The Queen of Swords is the ONLY one in full profile, have you noticed? All the other Kings/Queens are in full frontal or 3/4 view.

tarobones

The Cliff

Anybody know why the King of Swords is perched so regally right on the edge of a cliff? It has always intrigued me. BB, Michael

HudsonGray

Possibly as a caution or warning that he can take a real 'fall' if he does something wrong? Words can come suddenly & start arguments or a person can say something there's no coming back from (much like stepping off the edge of a cliff).

Sparrow

Birds are symbolic in all the Swords courts. So are clouds. These symbolize the air element. In both King and Queen pictures the sword is held upright. I don't see the King as being on a cliff. King Wands is much more on edge.

Emily

Both cards have windswept trees in the distance also.

kwaw

Emily said:

The trees in the knight and page of swords look windswept, those in the Queen too but to a lesser degree, but the trees in the King of Swords don't look windswept to me?

I would also note the winged kerub head on the Queen's throne. There is also I think the suggestion of one or possibly two figures on the throne above the Kings shoulder, and also the lunar crescents, waxing and waning at the top of the throne around the butterfly. I am looking at the line illustrations in the PKT so can't make it out clearly but it looks like the rim of the Kings crown is a winged kerub head reflecting that on the Queens throne. If so this may reflect the kabbalistic idea that the bride, malkuth, throne, shekinah is lifted up to become the crown of the king.

Kwaw

Fulgour

hi Sparrow

Sparrow said:
Birds are symbolic in all the Swords courts. So are clouds. These symbolize the air element. In both King and Queen pictures the sword is held upright. I don't see the King as being on a cliff. King Wands is much more on edge.
Have you ever wondered about the ring The King of Swords is wearing?
Only one other, The King of Cups, is shown to be also wearing a ring...
And too, check out which hands they each have them on? How curious!

Fulgour

Once Upon a Windy Day

Emily said:
I agree with you, Emily ~ and so would the "windswept" trees.
The winds they may not be a'roaring now but sure an they do!