Just ordered my personal deck :)

Thoughtful

The only issue I can think of is the possibility that the Getty attribution would need to be on *every card* instead of just on the box and LWB. If that was the case it would be a pain, aesthetically speaking. I need to do more investigation on that.

Just had a look at website address you gave and in one of their paragraphs it says they do not need their name or endorsement on any product.
l think l read this correctly.

GlitterNova

Just had a look at website address you gave and in one of their paragraphs it says they do not need their name or endorsement on any product.
l think l read this correctly.

I think you're correct as well. From the FAQ page:

Are there copyright restrictions for the Getty's open content images?
No. The open content images from the J. Paul Getty Museum and the Getty Research Institute's collections are of works of art believed to be in the public domain—in other words, works not protected by copyright under U.S. law. The Getty does not claim copyright in digital images of works in the public domain.

I think the fact that Getty doesn't actually claim copyright on the images means that it's ok to reproduce them without an attribution on each card. It sounds more as though they are expecting out of courtesy that you will attribute them where necessary. I would include a full citation list including the attribution for all of the images in the downloadable material if I sold this deck, so my hope is that that would cover it.

Yarrow

GlitterNova:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful process. It is a very cool deck. And I love that you shared your chest sheet. The concept of zero is fascinating.

Yarrow

GlitterNova

The cards arrived today! Besides having to adjust the brightness on some of the darker cards, they look great. And my cat can't stop trying to rub against the cards, so I'll take that as a good sign. I'm in the middle of typing up an actual companion guide but once I do that I'll actually publish the deck on TGC. Also I've asked my S.O. to take some nice pictures of the cards (he loves photography), I'll post them here once I have them.

three.sword.fool

I'm looking forward to see the printed cards vs the computer images! I absolutely love the back design you created, it's elegant and reversible.

cardwitch

Just been over your keywords. Very interesting system you've thought out.

Can't wait to see the pictures!

GlitterNova

Just edge-treated the deck with a Sharpie, and the cards look really sharp (no pun intended)! The only problem with black borders is that they chip, but it's easy to 'touch up' the cards with a marker since both the front and the back borders are black. I have a day off tomorrow and I will try to get some 'action shots' of the deck and post them here. I've got the proofing deck and I've subsequently tweaked the brightness of some of the cards based on how they look in this deck, but most of the cards are good how they are (also the 1 of Swords is accidentally called the 1 of Wands, whoops! Luckily it's an easy mistake to fix). Right now the only reason I haven't released this deck on TGC is because I've been lazy about writing the full card descriptions of the Major Arcana. Soon, though! I really want to get this finished up.

The cardstock from TGC isn't terrible but it isn't great, either. It's thin and papery and reminds me of the Lo Scarabeo deck I have. Apparently TGC will be coming out with linen-finish cardstock in 2015, so a 'deluxe version' is almost guaranteed. I've been using this deck for doing some longer past-life readings and it's a very interesting deck to use. It's very...cerebral. The messages feel like they are presented in a very unbiased and transparent although serious way. It has a very 'swords' energy to it, but in the best possible way. I really want to get this deck published on TGC just to see how it interacts with other people--good or bad.

reall

Beautiful deck!^^ like old images and new concept!^^ LOLZ :))))
btw now I would like to see something like this with animals theme!^^ :))))

GlitterNova

Alright, here are some images of the deck. Apologies for the quality, these were taken with my crappy cell phone camera.
http://imgur.com/a/NEyWk