New book! (Rana George's The Essential Lenormand)

andybc

I use the French tradition so I shall pick this book. I've seen reviews on the internet (like Donna Leigh) and it does look good, but they don't mention which tradition. I don't see the point of getting books from other traditions.

It depends on what one classes as a French 'tradition'. Rana's book uses the Fox for salaried work et cetera. which has been popularised in French language books post-1960s (Silvestre etc). Fox as a work card actually has its origins in Belgium where a lot of the French literature and poems come from before the 1980s.

Rana herself says about leaning towards the French/Belgium et cetera angle. But even if you were a student of Treppner you'd be able to work with the book and take something away from it. It is very good and I highly recommend it.

ana luisa

This is an old thread but I decided to bump it. :) Just got this book after some time and YES, it is by far the most accessible book for Lenormand readers I've ever seen. The precious real-life readings imo are what makes it simply unparallel to other books in the market. VERY user-friendly and clear. A true gem !! :thumbsup:

jema

My summer project is to learn how to read Lenormand so I got this on order + a whole lot of podcasts with Rana and Donnaleigh to listen to.

Will try to journal as much as I can too so will for sure be posting a lot down here (parts of the forum I rarely look at otherwise)

celticnoodle

I have this book too and also love it. Rana did a great job with it and I love how she also tells a personal story about each card and how its meaning really came to life for her in a reading she had done. It helps to get a really clear picture of it that way.

Phoenix Rising

Highly Recommended

hello Everyone,
It has been such a long time since I have visited this site.
I purchased this book a few months ago, my only other real source was Sylvies "secrets of the lenormand oracle" I have to say, that I loved this book. She is very down to earth, and because she also has the same card meanings as to what I have been taught, I can relate to it.
I liked the way that she had examples of card meanings with different areas of life, love, health, spirituality, work, objects/areas etc. This was very useful. I feel that for a beginner to the lenormand, they could have a good foundation with this book.
At the end of the day, authors can only write about their own experiences, and what works for them is the proof in the pudding and gives them their credit, where credit is due.
I like how there are more books available in English now, and is catering for modern day situations. Tradition does have its place, their always has to be an origin, but all things are created to evolve for present times.

PR

celticnoodle

Phoenix, its SOO good to see you here again! :thumbsup:

And, I so agree w/your post.

Morwenna

Just got my copy today! Now I have to convince myself not to stay up all night reading it! :D

Sparkles1234

Worth it!

This is a great book with simple and easy to understand text.

Torann

i use it every day. :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk