Beautiful but unsatisfying decks

thorhammer

zan_chan said:
Am I going to be attacked if I say the Victorian Romantic and Bohemian Gothic?

Love them to death. Thrilled to own them, and their gorgeous special editions. Couldn't recommend them highly enough for their immense beauty. . .

Where's thorhammer....I'm sinking...<gurgle gurgle>...
Life-raft ahoy! Yep, with ya on that one. I can and have read with the VR but the BG left me totally cold. Meh.

I'd say the Haindl }) but it's not even pretty mwuhahahaha!!!

Right. *rolls up sleeves*

Universal Goddess - totally.
Faerie Tarot (Hertz) - as much as I do love it, it's just so *silly* . . . like a fourteen-year-old girl! :D
Fifth Tarot - left me cold on all counts. What a massive disappointment.
Legacy of the Divine Tarot - sorry, Ciro :(
Light & Shadow Tarot - What. The. Hell. :confused:
Soprafino (Il Meneghello) - I just couldn't hear a thing from it.
Tarot of the Trance - no matter how much I want to like trippy decks like this (Pearls of Wisdom, Neuzeit, etc) I just cannot read with them.
Thea's Tarot - I hate this thing. Might make good insulation in my car's firewall or something . . .
Touchstone - as mute as a portrait . . . oh, wait . . . :D

And them's only the ones I've still got! Don't even get me started on the ones I've gotten rid of! :bugeyed:

\m/ Kat

nicky

Da Vinci Enigma Tarot and The Da Vinci Tarot both come to mind...

kittiann

The Gilded
Robin Wood
Lisa Hunt Fairytale

I like them all well enough, but I just can't seem to read with them. Now my Rumi, on the other hand, I adore! It's no good for a spread of any kind, but for a daily draw it's one of my favorites.

Queen of Disks

I've sold and traded decks for this very reason. The Golden Botticelli (anything with gold foil for that matter), DaVinci, and the Sorcerors went bye-bye, I never even used the Mythic, and there are many others. I loved my Bohemian Gothic but I just could not read with it. I haven't gotten the Legacy of the Divine or the Touchstone because although they are pretty they just don't interest me. (Which is odd, because I do like the Gilded and I want to get the Tarot of Dreams.) I've pretty much come to the conclusion that if I am not actually going to use my decks then I am not getting them. I can't afford decks that are, in the words of my dad, "all show and no go."

Hunter, the Art Nouveau is hard but for some reason I am trying anyway. The Majors are ok, reading the Minors basically involves me people reading the figures in the cards. Not one of my best skills, but I am doing better with this deck.

iceclone

Having a hard time reading "The Fey Tarot" or anything with fairies...

It's a shame because I'm fascinated with them... but reading is such a hassle.

zan_chan

thorhammer said:
I'd say the Haindl }) but it's not even pretty

I totally agree. It's not pretty.

My grandmother is pretty. Laura Bush is pretty. Posters on travel agency walls are pretty.

The Haindl, like sipping a Romanee Conti while watching the sunset over the hills of Burgundy, is beautiful. :D

Metafizzypop

nicky said:
Da Vinci Enigma Tarot and The Da Vinci Tarot both come to mind...

I own both of these decks and they are two of my favorites. I find them both profound and even quite spiritual.

Just goes to show how much of this is a personal thing.

cardlady22

And when you don't know how to Read yet, they are all beautiful, but you don't get much substance out of them. })

irmata

thorhammer said:
Light & Shadow Tarot - What. The. Hell. :confused:
What. The. Hell. indeed! What's weird is that this one has been on my wishlist for yeeeeeeears, but somehow, I've never managed to commit. Maybe I sense it would be the same :(

Interesting to see the Paulina mentioned several times. I didn't like it at first, but the more I see it, the more charming I find the art. But maybe this is purely an eye candy deck, afterall?

Mi-Shell

My list includes
the Celtic Wisdom,although I learned a lot of lore and legends with it
the Dream Power
the Tarot of the 4 Elements - both have pip cards... :(
the Medicine Woman Tarot - too superficial
the Feng Shui Tarot - all the poor turtles struggling through the deep snow
throw me for a loup.....