Favorite Deck Right Now: Paulina Tarot

Aunia Kahn

So I was going through my decks and I always come back to this one. I am not sure why I love it so much but it calls to me. Her deck is so beautiful and I hope she does more (maybe she has?). Anyhow, just wanted to randomly share something with the forum. Hope everyone had a good 4th!

Smiley

Hi Aunia, I have her 'Joie de Vivre' tarot deck. Its my one and only Tarot deck at the moment. I love it!

Aunia Kahn

Oh! This is gorgeous. I need to get a copy. Thanks for introducing me.

Le Fanu

But if you love the Paulina (which I do) you might not like the Joie de Vivre as much since the vibe is very different.

The Paulina is very densely decorative, scribbly and feels very "illustrative" (I know what I mean by this), like fairy tale illustrations. You just know it is illustrating something, and - for me - this means it lends itself to great readings.

The Joie d Vivre is airier. There is more white space on it. Bigger, smilier faces. The Paulina is more ambiguous, maybe a little sinister in parts (creatures slumbering under the brambles) but the Joie de Vivre feels overall more "cute".

Aunia Kahn

Thank you for letting me know. That sounds interesting. I am quite the kid at heart, so I love things really dark and I also love things really light and almost childlike. I will check into the deck. Her style is just so neat!

Chronata

Well, I am one who really loves both of her decks.

I too fell for the Paulina first, in a big way...madly and deeply.

Then I got the joi de vivre and fell hard for that one too!
For me, the differences are slight, but the Paulina feels more feminine, and is much more Earthy.

the other is full of personality, and I think has more whimsy.

But seriously, you need them both.

mejenks

I also have both decks and really love them both. To me, Joie de Vivre lends to personality readings while Paulina lends more to situational readings. I don't tend to use either as my "go to" decks, but I do use the Paulina deck whenever I am helping someone to find something they have lost. For me, that's when it works best. Perhaps because I don't use these decks very often, I find that there is always something new to discover in the cards! (Paulina more than Joie de Vivre). Enjoy!

Aunia Kahn

This is so great to hear! :D Thank you guys for the awesome feedback!