Anyone else get the Mini VR yesterday?

Altena

I paid €48(about $62) + shipping when it was first up for sale, but that was for the bundle(the standard size deck and the mini) and it came with a pre-order discount.

Not sure what it would cost today, but I reckon the double at least. That's usually what happens when decks sell out.

starlightexp

the $75 was for the bundle of both the regular size and the mini. I think that's what it was going for before no?

PathWalker

At pre-order price the mini deck was 30.60 euros (that's without postage)

that's about $40, though there may then be a tax charge for USA, and postage.

PathWalker

Am I missing something? Why is the mini so much more expensive than the standard? Is it harder to make? Or does it come with something extra?

The mini was always more expensive than the standard, because the print run was smaller I presume. A fixed set up cost has to be amortized across fewer numbers of finished product.
That's the logic anyway.

JenWt43

I notice the pricing more in line with the current market.
The new Alice deck is supposed to be 150 Euro, which is probably close to what it would have
sold for on the secondary market if they had priced it the same as previous decks.

Yes, I agree, I think they are beginning to price the items more in line with what the re-sellers have charged. I don't blame them at all! It just means I can't always indulge, though. :) I admit, it was hard to exit the website, seeing it available and not purchasing...

starlightexp

Yes, I agree, I think they are beginning to price the items more in line with what the re-sellers have charged. I don't blame them at all! It just means I can't always indulge, though. :) I admit, it was hard to exit the website, seeing it available and not purchasing...

I'm with you. It just always got to me that because someone was in the right place at the right time they got 10 copies of a LE deck and in a week they are reselling them. Good for the money to actually go to the creators now. Not all decks can be gotten by all people at the same time and some I may have to save up for and I do. Those decks are real special to me because I had to work harder to get them

daphne

The new Alice deck is supposed to be 150 Euro, which is probably close to what it would have sold for on the secondary market if they had priced it the same as previous decks.

150 euro? Wow... that is a lot. :( I could not afford it...

Gulliver

150 euro? Wow... that is a lot. :( I could not afford it...

Oh no! I'm waiting for the reprint of the Bohemian Gothic, now I think, this will be very expensive, too.

I regret, it will be not possible to buy it for me.

Oddity

Oh no! I'm waiting for the reprint of the Bohemian Gothic, now I think, this will be very expensive, too.

I don't think the reprint Bohemian Gothic will be that expensive.
The Alice is going to be limited edition and with extra metallic inks or something, that's why it is so much more expensive. Whereas the new BoGo will be an ordinary deck that's already been printed twice (with some changes). So don't worry. 30-40 euro, probably. :)

daphne

Oh, yes, that too...