Opinions on T. of The Sweet Twilight

JenWt43

Whether any given Tarot deck is a good reading deck, well, it doesn't depend on the deck, it depends on whether it resonates with the person using it (or trying to). It's a very individual thing.

Very true! :)

willowfox

Bought Sweet Twilight. Liked the art work. Tried to read with it... for about a week before I got disgusted and gave it away. I will not keep a deck I can't read with, no matter how pretty it is.

***Same with me, I thought the pictures were intriguing so I purchased the deck only to find it was impossible to read with.

gregory

***Same with me, I thought the pictures were intriguing so I purchased the deck only to find it was impossible to read with.

For you ! Reads like a DREAM for me !
Which is why I often find threads like this so weird...

ana luisa

What is crazy about Tarot cards (and oracles, for that matter) is that your love for the images doesn't necessarily translate into ease of reading. Some of my ugliest decks are the ones that read like a charm. That's what made me buy them. Not the looks. Go figure.

gregory

What is crazy about Tarot cards (and oracles, for that matter) is that your love for the images doesn't necessarily translate into ease of reading. Some of my ugliest decks are the ones that read like a charm. That's what made me buy them. Not the looks. Go figure.
I well recall the deck I said was pretty pretty and fluffy and would only deliver the positive. After I read with it on a bet, I had to recant; it was vicious. And even the Charmed spoke the truth for me.

Tarot is odd stuff !

Miss Divine

Bought Sweet Twilight. Liked the art work. Tried to read with it... for about a week before I got disgusted and gave it away. I will not keep a deck I can't read with, no matter how pretty it is.

Anyway, the person I gave it to reported back that she was getting fantastic readings with it.

Go figure.

Whether any given Tarot deck is a good reading deck, well, it doesn't depend on the deck, it depends on whether it resonates with the person using it (or trying to). It's a very individual thing.

I don't tend to keep decks I don't/can't read with either. But so far so good with this one. The LWB is useless for me, but the images speak for themselves. Some of the images take a little longer before I get that aha moment, but I'm fine with that. I think it's fun getting to know such a different kinda deck. If I want an easy deck, I have plenty of those so it's not an issue.

A friend of mine looked through this deck and she had a WTF reaction. But she is a strict RWS girl, and has never liked using a deck that is a bit different.

Aerin

I adore this deck and it reads wonderfully for me too. So does the Fey.

By the way there's a study group for this deck with all the cards posted, so do add impressions to the threads. I find that reading with the deck is the best way to know it as some of the cards are a bit puzzling out of context. As soon as you put them in a reading everything becomes clear. Strange.

kellyshay

yay!!! My Sweet Twilight arrived just now!!!
I'm cleansing it now by leaving it out in the sun with a clear quartz :)
Cant wait to explore it tonight!!!
I think it will look so much better without the borders~! Thinking of trimming it!

ana luisa

yay!!! My Sweet Twilight arrived just now!!!
I'm cleansing it now by leaving it out in the sun with a clear quartz :)
Cant wait to explore it tonight!!!
I think it will look so much better without the borders~! Thinking of trimming it!

I also had that urge! I didn't because the pictures are SO unusual I thought I wouldn't be able to recall what was what ! :)