THOTH - WHAT THE UNIVERSE CARD HAS TO TEACH ME?

Beira

This is a reading that has been prompted from my 21ways to read a tarot card adventure.
It has some steps where the meanings of a card are to be trasformed in questions. Many of them have proved to be too complex to answer on my own, so I have decided to pull cards to answer them.
I will post one question at a time in this thread and answer with three card for each, as if making a conversation with the tarot.
I wish i have choosen the right thread to post this. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

What are the limitations that are preventing me from maximize my potential?

Queen of Cups, 6of Cups Pleasure , 8 of Swords Interference

The main card is Six of Cups. It repeesents to me the attainment of the contact with our Higher Self, in the realm of Emotions. At an intuitive level the card today is showing me a complex situation (the convoluted patterns of the lotuses stems, and the precarious position of most of the cups, tilted, as on the verge of falling on one side, but that has no happened yet) that nonetheless is positive, enjoyable (the beauty of the card, the golden color).
My Higher self would manage to keep the situation not only going, but positive, and I think her way of doing so is through a very strong outpouring of love (the water profusely coming out of the lotuses, possibly so strongly to "pin" the cups steady, preventing their falling down).

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi Biera,

Do you want input from others on this reading?
If you do, before anyone else responds could you please add your thoughts on the rest of the spread, the Queen of Cups and the 8 of Swords?

If you don't want input and you'd like this to be your personal thread for recording these readings just let us know and we'll move the thread to the Daily Draws forum which is more of a journalling forum than Your Readings.. If that's the case, you don't need to interpret the other 2 cards..

Could everyone else please wait?

Sulis - moderator

Barleywine

The astrology of the 6 of Cups in the Book of Thoth is the Sun in Scorpio. Also, Virgo in the "natural" zodiac is opposite Pisces. It is complementary to Gemini through the shared Mercury rulership. Maybe you're using a system I'm not aware of?

Interesting idea you have here. A while back I took one of the blank cards in my Haindl deck and created a 23rd Trump called "The Threshold (Gateway to Cosmic Consciousness)." The significance of the Universe, rather than being completion and conclusion in worldly terms, then becomes that of a "Way-shower" for the next step in evolution. I think it points to the next phase of personal development (the woman is, after all, "dancing in the firmament"). It steps away from the realm of Earthly archetypes and into the Unknown.

I too have noticed the tilting of the cups in the 6 of Cups. It reminds me of the discussion of the Sixes in another thread, where I mentioned that they relate to the central Sephiroth Tiphareth - portal to the Higher Self - which is the Sphere of the Sun. The main function of the Sun is the "dissemnination of light" upon all below.The tilted cups make me think your "cup is (almost ready to) runneth over." It implies that your evolutionary mission at this time could be to perfom an "act of kindness" (random or otherwise) that turns out to be incredibly self-fulfilling.

As far as obstacles, the 8 of Swords implies that you're unclear and conflicted about where to go with this impulse. The "interference" is of mental rather than physical origin. But I see this card as one of "veiled hope" rather than confusing impasse. Crowley suggest that Jupiter in Gemini brings good fortune, but he stops short of saying exactly how. Jupiter is in its detriment in Gemini, and its free expression is therefore impeded and its benefit constrained. Still, elementally this card is mildly dignified by its association with the 6 of Cups, so "doing the right thing" is still supported.

The Queen of Cups in front of the 6 of Cups produces nothing contradictory to its nature, so I see it as gently affirming that the way ahead is relatively clear of serious roadblocks other than those that might be self-imposed. The way I look at Elemental Dignities, not only is the 6 of Cups dignified by both modifiers, but two Water cards in series "trump" the influence of the difficult Air card, rendering it an irritation rather than a blockage.

Barleywine

Sorry, Sulis. I was busily typing away and missed your post. Feel free to withdraw my input until the OP complies.

Beira

Sorry I realized I was late for work and had to go.I would like to have other people commenting if they like and I am going to write about the other two cards as I read them, I want to look up smthng else for the 6 and eventually type it in, and in half an hour I'll be on the other cards.
Sorry for leaving things halfway through..
I realized that the attribution is Sol in Scorpio, not Virgo (the glyph is a bit funny), thats what I want to look up.

Beira

The correct astroogical attribution is Sun in Scorpio.
The sun (and the 6 as 6th Sephirot, Tipareth, where we meet the Holy Guardian Angel ) take out the best of Scorpio: its passion and also its putrefaction quality becomes positive in the light of the Sun, and gets intended as "composting" of old bad energies, that from rubbish will become a fertilizing component.
I think that as for my question, this card is saying that I must trust my Higher self over the matter of emotions, especially since up till very recently I have anesthesized them. So they have been an issue for me, and I should better let that issue putrefy to fertilize new, positive emotions.
More on the specific, the relationship with my ex and his family that I will restart when I'll start my visits to my daughter, that I think at the moment is very much rotten, should go in the compost bin too.
Meaning that I must pour in it all pf my true love for my daughter, and what my HGA/Higher Self will advice me to pour in ( as the water from the flowers in the card).
The modificators are another Water, and Air. I see the card well dignified, with the air that could create some steem and potential for trouble, but I don't think there is enough activity to actually manifest that potential.
They are modificators, so I'll use them to better flesh out the 6.
The Queen of Cups, Water of Water, same suit, I see a big highlight of the emotional nature of these limitations I was asking about.
The 8 of Swords, Interference, refers to the interference from too much thinking and ruminating over what is done and said (in the ex's family context, and my relatives with them and all that).
I should not let them involve me in their petty arguments, I should stay focused on the main reason of my frequentation of them: the love towards my daughter who lives with them. Eventually I will listen to mh Higher Self over what to put into the relationship, but not listen to elucubrations. 8 of Swords is about the mind trying to control things fhat shouldn't be controlled. Especially since Air is not friendly with Water, I would call it neutral - nearly enemy..
And the steam image is apt to the situation... LOL

ANSWER:
The limitations that keep me from maximizing my potential are my old emotional blockages and the bad feeling running between me - my ex and his family - my relatives. I should let my higher self guide me to renew my emotions and heal, avoiding too much thinking and intellectualizations of feelings that are primal.

I'll post more questions as I read them.
I know I am slow, but I do it for myself, and I get taken away sometimes studying the cards...
Thanks to anyone who cares to comment

Barleywine

Interesting idea you have here. A while back I took one of the blank cards in my Haindl deck and created a 23rd Trump called "The Threshold (Gateway to Cosmic Consciousness)." The significance of the Universe, rather than being completion and closure in worldly terms, then becomes that of a "Way-shower" for the next step in evolution. I think it points to the next phase of personal development (the woman is, after all, "dancing in the firmament"). It steps away from the realm of Earthly archetypes and into the Unknown.

I too have noticed the tilting of the cups in the 6 of Cups. It reminds me of the discussion of the Sixes in another thread, where I mentioned that they relate to the central Sephiroth Tiphareth - portal to the Higher Self - which is the Sphere of the Sun. The main function of the Sun is the "dissemnination of light" upon all below.The tilted cups make me think your "cup (is almost ready to) runneth over." It implies that your evolutionary mission at this time could be to perfom an "act of kindness" (random or otherwise) that turns out to be incredibly self-fulfilling.

As far as obstacles, the 8 of Swords implies that you're unclear and conflicted about where to go with this impulse. The "interference" is of mental rather than physical origin. But I see this card as one of "veiled hope" rather than confusing impasse. Crowley suggest that Jupiter in Gemini brings good fortune, but he stops short of saying exactly how. Jupiter is in its detriment in Gemini, and its free expression is therefore impeded and its benefit constrained. Still, elementally this card is mildly dignified by its association with the 6 of Cups, so "doing the right thing" is still supported.

The Queen of Cups in front of the 6 of Cups produces nothing contradictory to its nature, so I see it as gently affirming that the way ahead is relatively clear of serious roadblocks other than those that might be self-imposed. The way I look at Elemental Dignities, not only is the 6 of Cups dignified by both modifiers, but two Water cards in series "trump" the influence of the difficult Air card, rendering it an irritation rather than a blockage.

CrystalSeas

This is a reading that has been prompted from my 21ways to read a tarot card adventure.

You may not know about it, but there is a whole forum for studying Mary Greer's book
21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card

Mary Greer herself has commented in many of those threads as well. You might find additional information if you read through the experiences of others who have done these same steps

Beira

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.
Barleywine, I am a fan of your spreads and I think we read with much the same criteria..
I definitely don't see the Universe ad definitive completion, but more as a temporary one, that then throw us in the next phase/incarnation becoming the Fool once again.
Also for the 8 I agree with you. I think that it does come from over intellectualizations and that it doesn't have enough active energy to be of any real consequence against the two Waters.. just a potential.. an undercurrent.

Thanks Crystalseas, I am already posting in that thread but these reading are more of a sidetrack of my step 10, and they could become more than a few, so I wanted to have them in another thread..

Barleywine

I definitely don't see the Universe ad definitive completion, but more as a temporary one, that then throw us in the next phase/incarnation becoming the Fool once again.

In formulating my "23rd Trump" idea, I had the thought that the Universe doesn't just dump us back at the beginning as a "tabula rasa," but that the Fool will have retained the knowledge and experience of the previous cycle, so his reincarnating trajectory becomes an upward spiral rather than a flat landscape. This drove my "emergence of cosmic consciousness as a departure from the chain of Earthly archetypes" concept. By the way, here's the card I created:

Attachments

• Spiral Arm Card.jpg
    Spiral Arm Card.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 455