Deck for seasons

HearthCricket

Does anyone use particular decks, either for themselves or reading for others, according to the seasons, or holidays? I have decks that I read from, all the time, like my Gilded, but Golden, Golden Ren., Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg, seem nice to read around Christmas. I am now seeking for a deck to be read in the fall/Halloween time. I don't want a cute deck. Something autumnal in feel is probably the best description I can give. Autumnal in feel, images and probably even colours. Any suggestions? I don't think I want a Marseilles deck. Open to suggestions. One deck might actually be the Victorian Regina deck. Not sure what else. Still wishing for that Pre-Raphaelite dream deck of mine!

WolfSpirit

In October I like to use the Halloween tarot, it does not come out much in the rest of the year although I like to use it for readings. But you may classify this as "cute" ;).
The Hallowquest has a bit of an autumn feel to me; not on all cards, there are also a few cards with flowers and sunshine, but also barren trees, stormy seas, dark clouds...there is also a bit of a calm melancholy in some of the cards. Makes a difference with other nature-based decks that all seem to deal with lush spring or summer.

HearthCricket

I may have to break down and try the Halloween Tarot, just to see how I click with it. I may end up loving it. I will look at Hallowquest. I would probably like Druidcraft, but am a bit skeptical because of some negative reviews on the condition of the cards and the backs. Sadly, I am a perfectionist, and like my cards without any blemishes, unless I put them there from good long, loving use. I am anxious for my Revelations deck-which may have possibilities. Keep the suggestions coming, please!

Owlface

autumn deck

How about the Hudes ? People talk a lot about its muted colours. Or maybe it is more of a winter deck ?

Hearthcricket, this gets me thinking about quite a few decks and the seasons they might go with best. For me, Waking the Wild Spirit is definitely late spring-summer, whilst I prefer Golden for autumn and winter, also the Druidcraft. Greenwood is lovely at evoking ALL the seasons, as is the Druid Animal Oracle. :)

Emeraldgirl

Hudes is nice for Autim also the Druidcraft isn't all that bad I think it was just one batch of cards. I have them and they are fine.

WolfSpirit

The Druidcraft would be nice as an autumn deck - except I can't put it down the rest of the year ;)

13thFaeChylde

The deck that has captured me this late Spring is Merryday. It has such a new-green, "let's play" sort of air about it.

Chronata

Heh. Hi HearthCricket!

I was going to mention that you should get a Sacred Rose for autumn/Halloween readings...and I just saw on that thread that you already use it and love it! :D

This one is my favorite for Samhain/Halloween because the images are so rich and dark and really express to me that idea of slowing, fading, dying that Autumn brings. And the colors...well, they bring to mind that season too.

Another deck that feels so autumny to me is the Baroque Bohemian Cats.
Great for Halloween too!

HearthCricket

Chronata said:
Heh. Hi HearthCricket!

I was going to mention that you should get a Sacred Rose for autumn/Halloween readings...and I just saw on that thread that you already use it and love it! :D

This one is my favorite for Samhain/Halloween because the images are so rich and dark and really express to me that idea of slowing, fading, dying that Autumn brings. And the colors...well, they bring to mind that season too.

Another deck that feels so autumny to me is the Baroque Bohemian Cats.
Great for Halloween too!

The more I look over my Sacred Rose, the more I wonder if I should try it. It is the deck that I read from, so successfully, 20 years ago, on Halloween night, for my college dorm. Ah, the memories. And Baroque is on my wish-list. Thank you for the suggestions. Time to re-evaluate some of my decks!

Cerulean

My celtic and 'pagan' decks seem perfect for Spring and Autumn

In terms of Hallowquest, it really is seasonal to me. Druidcraft and Forest Folklore always gives me a summer-autumn richness.

I've been using the Celestial and Secret Forest lately. Seems the Celestial works for the night skies, the Secret Forest is a twilight sleepy deck...You had a thread on the Renaissance from Trevisan for a sleepy-time deck...thanks, as it made me look at the deck again. Perfect for early summery brightness to me...

My gold Nerferteri in high summer seems so vibrant--and the Visconti and Italian decks for winter suit me. Probably just a thinking of 'different' places during different times of the year.

Best regards,

Cerulean