Fate vs. Free Will

cheekyminx

Hmmm this reminds me of our palm :) Our hand is a blue print, but over time the lines on our hands can change.

Just like the moon. Aren't we like 70% water? So its only natural that we follow the moon cycle? I see this at work, the day before a full moon & on the day of a full moon the kids are out of control....I should observe to see when children are at their calmest? I'm thinking the new moon is when the kids are OK for a day or two lol

Ross G Caldwell

dadsnook2000 said:
Astrology is not just a "personal" thing. The sky above us is above all of us. Not only do we have a birth chart, but everyone else has one also. There is great interaction between all of those charts -- the words "influence" and "compromise" and "dominance" and "partnership" all come to mind.

Then, throw in the changing patterns suggested by progressions and other forms and methodologies of astrological practice -- all of which chart change and growth in individuals and in society. We are born to grow and learn; this in itself suggests changes in us and in how we interact with others.

WHAT CHANGES? Changes that alter the ways and depths of how we both use our charts and the many patterns within them, as well as choose not to use portions of our charts. We start with a chart, we end up with many charts and many changes in our charts -- and in turn we change and are changed by the people we interact with. No, I say, a single chart is not a "complete and fated" outcome in celestial code -- its a launching pad thru life and beyond. Dave

I absolutely agree with you.

We are born with some determined traits - and astrologers know that some of these traits are bestowed by celestial influences. But when we interact with the "charts" of the countless other things in our lives, the possibilities are simply unpredictable.

The best we can do is know our own charts, compensate for weaknesses and exploit strengths, and try to anticipate when the stresses of our original makeup will be tried by events beyond our control. This is the blessing of astrology.

I do believe that an infinite mind would know everything, past and future. But since none of us has that mind, or can even approach it, we can mostly act like free agents. This, despite the fact that "the best laid plans of mice and men..."

Ross G Caldwell

cheekyminx said:
Just like the moon. Aren't we like 70% water? So its only natural that we follow the moon cycle? I see this at work, the day before a full moon & on the day of a full moon the kids are out of control....I should observe to see when children are at their calmest? I'm thinking the new moon is when the kids are OK for a day or two lol

It's not water, it's gravity. The Moon pulls everything on Earth; our Earth-Moon system, like all of the other planets, also affects the Sun and the other planets.

Not just water. It just happens that water moves more easily and predictably in larger quantities than the heterogenous components of the ground. Thus the tides.

But Earth also is drawn by the Moon. Scientists were recently concerned that a volcano (IIRC in Malaysia or the Philippines) which threatened imminent eruption might be triggered by a full moon.

I believe people which threaten "imminent eruption" might also be triggered by the pull of the Moon. But most of us are more balanced, and function like the tides.

However, our dreams and imaginations, like water and the tides, should function like the oceans, in a predictable and rythmic fashion according to the lunar cycles.