moon oracle and radiant sun

BrightEye

Thanks for all your responses. They were very helpful. I think I will definitely get the Radiant Sun. I have her Elemental Tarot, which I love. The Moon Oracle is similar in style to her Tarot, but am I right in assuming that it is a goddess-based oracle? I don't think I need another one of those. On the other hand, I think all her decks are going to become collectables. So I might...

Guiding Cauldron

moon oracle:

i love the moon oracle- but to be honest i use the book on its own more than i use the cards. i find the book quick, easy, and insightful and highly acurate for my useage.

if you want to connect to moon energy and the goddess i would highly recommend this deck.

BrightEye

Guiding Cauldron said:
moon oracle:

i love the moon oracle- but to be honest i use the book on its own more than i use the cards. i find the book quick, easy, and insightful and highly acurate for my useage.
Can you actually get the deck without the book?

Guiding Cauldron said:
if you want to connect to moon energy and the goddess i would highly recommend this deck.
Not really, but the cards look nice.

tarotmama

I bought the Radiant Sun oracle on ebay about a month ago for under $5. Just keep an eye out for auctions!

I'm still looking for the Moon Oracle, just to have both. I like the Sun oracle a lot and I'm interested in combining the decks for a different kind of reading.

I thought the book was well done, but I hated the way it attached to the card box. I had to clip the box away and put the cards in a bag. Ohwell.

Debra

BrightEye said:
Can you actually get the deck without the book?

LOL I got it on e-bay used and to save shipping from Australia to the US told the seller to only send the deck...how dumb was that? Nice pics.

BrightEye

I guess it would make sense to get the book with both. New system and all. I read somewhere - I think it was on tarotpassages - that the two decks complement each other. Sun and moon - would make sense. Do they?

thorhammer

I got the Moon Oracle today; I've had the Radiant Sun for a while now.

I don't really use oracles all that much - I really struggle with their usual lack of a system. In the case of these two, though, that's not a problem!! I don't do very well with the Radiant Sun yet, but I think it's a matter of practise. I just don't have the memory that I used to, for the astrological information. I have a general idea of much of it, but remembering it easily enough to apply it all in a reading is beyond me, so I find myself relying on the book a LOT.

Since I got the Moon Oracle today, I've not had much of a chance to get to know it, but I really like the system so far. I've done two readings, both on the same question. The second I intended as a deeper exploration of what I gleaned from the first, and when one of the same cards turned up in both I was impressed. The cards tie in really well with one another and it's surprisingly easy for me to apply them to the question. The Moon Tables in the back are also invaluable! I don't know what I'll do when I get to the end of them in five years or so - I hope I'm still using the deck by that stage!

All in all, I'm really impressed with the Moon Oracle, and though I prefer the artwork in the Radiant Sun, I do find that one harder to use.

\m/ Kat