I have a stalker card! *7 of Swords*

CCTheGreat

So whenever I do research on this card all I get is cautious "watch out" to straight up warnings. Now if I ever get this card I instantly pack up my deck and put it away and never talk to that person again.

Back story I have trust issues and I'm generally in guard while dating (basically I don't trust men) so almost every time I'm dating a guy this card pops up. Usually not at the beginning but eventually that little guy with that stupid smirk on his face will appear and I'll instantly block and delete that guy from my life. No questions asked. So I asked about the outcome of a situation, why a guy wasn't talking to me as much. This card came as the outcome now before I banish this guy I really like something is odd here.

Does it mean I'm becoming more like what this card is depicting? I've definitely been more self centred and in it for myself. But it just stalks me now.

Redfaery

That could be. I often have the 7 of Swords come up when I'm engaging in self-sabotage. Like, I might think I'm being really clever, but then my cleverness comes back and bites me in the butt.

Farzon

Does it mean I'm becoming more like what this card is depicting? I've definitely been more self centred and in it for myself. But it just stalks me now.

I would assume so, yes.

If you know that you have trust issues, then it is quite logical that this card would stalk you. Also, observe how you make it happen: you get the card for an outcome and then you just do it - you sneak away! It's not about the guys, it's about you!
This way, you'll make yourself a slave to the cards...

CCTheGreat

I would assume so, yes.

If you know that you have trust issues, then it is quite logical that this card would stalk you. Also, observe how you make it happen: you get the card for an outcome and then you just do it - you sneak away! It's not about the guys, it's about you!
This way, you'll make yourself a slave to the cards...

I think you might be right. The last time I drew this card concerning a guy I got the 5 of pentacles as a clarifying card. Long story short, I threw this guy out of my bed and house at 3am after we had sex. I remember thinking as I lay in my bed afterwards "he walked out in the snow like the two people on the card".

CCTheGreat

That could be. I often have the 7 of Swords come up when I'm engaging in self-sabotage. Like, I might think I'm being really clever, but then my cleverness comes back and bites me in the butt.

Yeah, this sounds about right. But how do you know if it's trying to warn you?

Farzon

I think you might be right. The last time I drew this card concerning a guy I got the 5 of pentacles as a clarifying card. Long story short, I threw this guy out of my bed and house at 3am after we had sex. I remember thinking as I lay in my bed afterwards "he walked out in the snow like the two people on the card".
Wow, you really are a heartbreaker, aren't you? ;-)

It's interesting how figuratively the cards play out sometimes...

nisaba

So whenever I do research on this card all I get is cautious "watch out" to straight up warnings. Now if I ever get this card I instantly pack up my deck and put it away and never talk to that person again.

When you're reading for them? That's a bit harsh - they might *need* that warning about something or someone in their life!

No, it probably means you need to be less trusting of someone around you. When you've identified the problem in your life that it is warning you of, and dealt with it, the card will stop "stalking you", as you put it (screaming a warning, as I like to put it).

CCTheGreat

When you're reading for them? That's a bit harsh - they might *need* that warning about something or someone in their life!

No, it probably means you need to be less trusting of someone around you. When you've identified the problem in your life that it is warning you of, and dealt with it, the card will stop "stalking you", as you put it (screaming a warning, as I like to put it).

No, I'm not doing the reading for them but about them. For example, "what are his intentions" or "what is the likely outcome of this situation?" Or "what do I need to know about this situation?" As soon as the 7 of swords appears I don't see that guy ever again. I cut him off immediately.

That's the thing, someone is behaving in less than trustworthy way so at that point I take it as a warning against this guy. Thing is it happens EVERYTIME which might lead me to believe something is odd here. They can't all be doing the same thing. Also there is no way I'm trusting of anyone, especially these men I'm asking about.

In a nutshell.
Me: Tell me what I need to know about this guy?
Tarot: He's an Asshole, run.

Thing is they cannot all be out to scheme. That's statistically impossible.

Ace

That sounds like a good interp to me too.

I usually say 7 of swords is denial. That you are denying your own feeling about something. That guy you threw out at 3 AM? Maybe you cared too much?

It may not be so bad, YOU think it could always be bad. But maybe you need to stop and consider what assumptions you are making (some good and--for you--many bad.) that are not necessarily true.

Don't panic when you see the 7 of swords--it can be telling you to cool off and think about what IS right now. Not "what if?"

barb

Sentient

CCTheGreat, Many people find the 7S difficult to interpret. In this case I have little doubt that it refers to your trust issues with men. Your prior experiences have created a mindset whereby you'll sever your connection to different men at the merest hint of a problem, even if that hint comes solely from a tarot card.

The problem, as you're beginning to realize, is that you're undermining your future happiness. Please, listen to your intuition that's telling you that something is odd. Something is odd. The 7S is trying to tell you that your trust issues are sabotaging your possibilities for a successful relationship. Don't let the miseries of the past destroy your future. Address your trust issues head-on.