4 of cups + Ace of Cups

Twenty Seven

Hi all,
What would it mean getting this pair as feelings for querent?
I'm considering 3 possible options

1) This person is not interested (4 of Cups) in a new relationship (Ace of cups)
2) This person is day dreaming about a new relationship with querent, but it's being being introspective
3) This person is in another relationship and doesn't want a new one

Thank you in advance!

headincloud

This person is discontented in a relationship? but the other cards may throw a different light on things.

lantana

Perhaps they're feeling emotionally isolated, and need a relationship with someone new?

IndigoWaves

I'd see the 4 of Cups as this person being completely disinterested in/unimpressed by the querent's emotional "crush" (Ace of Cups)... Feelings and attempts to connect that are just piling up on the ground, unappreciated and therefore wasted.

Especially if the Ace was pulled as a "clarifier", I'd wonder if the querent has inadvertently annoyed this person, too -- by repeatedly letting the crush be known (presenting unwanted Cups) and seeking attention, subtly or not.

Unfortunately, there's no reaching out to accept or reciprocate. We see defensively folded arms, averted eyes and a scowl, instead. The only acknowledgement of the querent's feelings, in fact, seems to involve ignoring them: an effort to dismiss which may be going unheeded... All considered, backing off does seem best.

Grizabella

I could see these two cards saying the person is monogamous and focused on his/her partner to the exclusion of other opportunities being offered.

Twenty Seven

This person is discontented in a relationship? but the other cards may throw a different light on things.

To be honest, I'm not really sure if there's a relationship going on, I just asked how does x feel about y, and yes, I guess you are right, I'd say there's some discontent between those two :D Thank you.

Perhaps they're feeling emotionally isolated, and need a relationship with someone new?

I'm not quite sure, in 4c I see one guy that seems to be pondering or having some doubts, but it could aslo be not wanting to be involved? Thanks for your insights

I'd see the 4 of Cups as this person being completely disinterested in/unimpressed by the querent's emotional "crush" (Ace of Cups)... Feelings and attempts to connect that are just piling up on the ground, unappreciated and therefore wasted.

Especially if the Ace was pulled as a "clarifier", I'd wonder if the querent has inadvertently annoyed this person, too -- by repeatedly letting the crush be known (presenting unwanted Cups) and seeking attention, subtly or not.

Unfortunately, there's no reaching out to accept or reciprocate. We see defensively folded arms, averted eyes and a scowl, instead. The only acknowledgement of the querent's feelings, in fact, seems to involve ignoring them: an effort to dismiss which may be going unheeded... All considered, backing off does seem best.

Very interesting, I didnt' think about this, but it makes sense.
So, this is pair about rejection, indifference or simply not bothering, I never considered cups as rejection but you may be really spot on, thanks for your input.

I could see these two cards saying the person is monogamous and focused on his/her partner to the exclusion of other opportunities being offered.

not wanting something new could be also an option, if this is person is in a relationship, this pair would tell us about not being available for any new opportunity/crush so, no new feelings. And if this person is single, it would mean she/he is not emotionally available. Thank you for sharing. :)

TarotNewbie1

"1) This person is not interested (4 of Cups) in a new relationship (Ace of cups)"

I like your interpretation and I think this one fits pretty well. When I see Four of Cups in a feelings question it usually means that someone does not have feelings for the querent at the moment. Next to the Ace of Cups, I would say they do not want to start anything new with the querent. The cup is being offered but they are not accepting it. They probably have their eyes on someone else.

Or it can mean that at the moment they don't have feelings because they are focused on someone else but in the future that may change once they notice the cup being offered to them and stop focussing on the one they can't have.

Or the person doesn't know that the querent is interested in them so they haven't thought of that possibility of feelings for the querent. If they did know, maybe then they would look at the cup being offered and develop feelings.

Either way, one common theme amongst the three scenarios is that currently for whatever reason there are no feelings for the querent.

starrystarrynight

This person may be consumed and absorbed (4 Cups) in self-love (Ace Cups) at the moment, so s/he is not emotionally available to anyone else.