3 of pentacles - Advice

Noob

Hi

i have been doing readings for myself after a tiff with my bf's best friend. I am now afraid he would try to influence my bf against me.

I have already deciphered an earlier card that i drew twice in two different readings (thanks very much to kind Barleywine). I subsequently asked if there's anything i could do at all? This is in another reading.

The question was "I get it that it would be tough but is there anything i can do at all?"

The answer is 3 of pentacles. What is it advising me? I only get it that it means there's a third party.

But i don't understand what it is advising me to do.

Thanks very much for your help and insight.

rwcarter

3P could be seen as working cooperatively to achieve a goal if you're using a RWS-style deck. The two people huddled together on the right side of the card could be you and your BF (or maybe the best friend's girlfriend or some other common person you both know) and the person on the left could be the best friend.

So as something to do, work with someone else to help get the three of you (you, your BF and the best friend) on the same page (the paper being held by one of the folks on the right side of the card) again.

Rodney

Noob

Thanks Rodney, let me digest this.

The best friend doesn't have a gf.. I am using a Bohemian Cat deck.

This is the picture.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5c/19/ee/5c19ee9de79a054974ac091daf020e11.jpg

I am frightened of the best friend now. Never ever had anyone go berserk on me this way.

If i gain new insights later, i will update. Thanks :)

3P could be seen as working cooperatively to achieve a goal if you're using a RWS-style deck. The two people huddled together on the right side of the card could be you and your BF (or maybe the best friend's girlfriend or some other common person you both know) and the person on the left could be the best friend.

So as something to do, work with someone else to help get the three of you (you, your BF and the best friend) on the same page (the paper being held by one of the folks on the right side of the card) again.

Rodney

Barleywine

Rodney

A three-way conversation sounds like a good idea, but I'm wondering whether the other guy's volatility would completely unhinge him if your bf (I wouldn't even remotely suggest you doing it) asks him to participate. But the mere suggestion might make the other guy back off, so there's that.

Another take on the 3 of Pentacles is that it shows the possibility of improvement (the Three), possibly through persistence (Pentacles). Alternatively, it may provide a true indication of whom your bf values more - you or his friend. It could be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation when taken that way.

Noob

headincloud

My bf doesn't even know we are talking so much. He would be very unhappy if he finds that out only now. :(

So a three-way convo is out.

rwcarter

Thanks Rodney, let me digest this.

The best friend doesn't have a gf.. I am using a Bohemian Cat deck.

This is the picture.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/5c/19/ee/5c19ee9de79a054974ac091daf020e11.jpg

I am frightened of the best friend now. Never ever had anyone go berserk on me this way.

If i gain new insights later, i will update. Thanks :)
That's quite a different 3P, which is why it's always good to let folks know which deck you're using. Since we're talking about someone who's gone berserk, the figure on the stage could be the best friend. The two figures in the audience could be seen as playing up to the figure on the stage.

Picture this scenario. The figure on the stage is screeching (as opposed to singing), and the folks in the audience are applauding because they know the consequences of not applauding would be worse.

So as an action, maybe you need to pay the best friend a compliment (or three) about something (anything) without bringing up the past incident that occurred between the two of you. That might be enough to placate him.

Rodney

Noob

Thanks Rodney

If it would just make the beast not bite me, I could placate him but I am never going to be his friend again, he's frightening.

I shall try. I know this is not tarot anymore but how do you placate someone verbally abusive who keeps telling you to shut the f888888k up.. excuse my language

Barleywine

Picture this scenario. The figure on the stage is screeching (as opposed to singing), and the folks in the audience are applauding because they know the consequences of not applauding would be worse.

So as an action, maybe you need to pay the best friend a compliment (or three) about something (anything) without bringing up the past incident that occurred between the two of you. That might be enough to placate him.

Rodney

Funny, I had a similar impression but was thinking "yowling" rather than "screeching." Give that lady cat a horned helm, a spear and a shield and she could be Brunnhilde, whose self-immolation caused all the Norse gods to go up in flames. It might be walking a fine line to pursue that metaphor too far in this instance. :)

rwcarter

Thanks Rodney

If it would just make the beast not bite me, I could placate him but I am never going to be his friend again, he's frightening.

I shall try. I know this is not tarot anymore but how do you placate someone verbally abusive who keeps telling you to shut the f888888k up.. excuse my language
Complimenting him doesn't mean you have to be his friend. Just that you're placating him. You may need to compliment him many times before it works though, especially if he's cursing at you every time you try to speak to him.

Rodney

Barleywine

Just another thought: in most places I've worked, that kind of vulgar, abusive language in the workplace could be grounds for termination if it's reported.