What are your favorite scents?

Marirowana

It sounds... do-able even for people never preparing homemade stuff, like me.
What kind of oils do you add, special skin-oils? And how much, or what is the proportion?
It's absolutely do-able for anyone!

Yes make sure you use organic essential oils that are safe for using on the skin. The oils are optional, and you can really use as much as you want - but I usually go for 10 to 20 drops per 100 grams. Or something like that. Sometimes I add a few more after a few weeks, because the scent fades.

The smell won't really stick to your armpits anyway, it fades quickly. But some ssential oils have also an anti-bacterial function.

Snowhunter

I used to love nag champa but after buffing a bit of oil onto my windowsill altar, I'm over it. A dab here and there is great but smelling it all the time is too much. Hopefully I'll recover and enjoy it again after a break!

sweetcherise13

Love- the sea, chocolate, roses, apple blossom, mown grass, lemons, mint, rosemary, thyme, lavender, strawberries.

Hate- vanilla, things burning (trees, incense, wood, toast :D) those horrible PHS air fresheners they put in toilets everywhere these days instead of opening windows. *blllleeeuuuuugh*

We seem to share many favorite scents! I would include lemongrass, sweet orange, sweet basil, the lovely scent in the air just before it rains, and I do appreciate incense in lavender, dragons blood or a nice bundle of sage.
I love bundling my own with a combination of sage and rosemary or sage and lavender.

This is now making me miss my herb garden and already impatient for spring. Our new home doesn't provide proper lighting for my herbs to survive the winter so I had to resort to harvesting everything late in the fall. :(
Or...I could make some scented beeswax candles to get me through :!: I haven't made any since last December. Adding it to my project list....

Amsonia

This is my favorite, it is sweet, complex, and very goddess like. They don't say this on the website, but this particular one does have patchouli in it...I asked them...because my husband HATES patchouli and he picked up on it in this scent...but I didn't...so it's there, but subtle...the top notes of this are particularly nice...sweet. http://www.rareearthnaturals.com/shop/aroma/citrus/beleza-perfume/ they sometimes have this at Whole foods so you can test it...

RiverRunsDeep

Since it is December, my favorite scent at the moment is bayberry. It is the scent I associate most strongly with the holiday season.

earthair

This is now making me miss my herb garden and already impatient for spring. Our new home doesn't provide proper lighting for my herbs to survive the winter so I had to resort to harvesting everything late in the fall. :(

I miss mine too. It's a bit depressing when everything goes soggy and brown at the end of the year!

On the bright side my pear tree has decided that now is a good time to flower :bugeyed: Pear blossom smells wierd to me, musky.
I might buy a sarcococca for something nicer to smell :)