Complimenting Crystals & Tarot

FibbertyGibberty

Hi All!,

Please forgive my noob question but as I am a new starter of sorts I want to get things right first time as much as possible.

I would like to know the following and would really appreciate some guidance:-

1. When keeping crystals with my deck do the crystals have to be in their original form? Example, I have a piece of Jade from New Zealand that was set in a ring once so has been shaped into an oval - Also I can get some such as Rose Quartz but it has been rolled (is like a small pebble).

2. Although some readers advise certain stones and there is sometimes a difference depending on the user, is this set in stone? (no pun intended) Example, I have a piece of stone from the Blarney stone in Ireland given to me by a friend and I feel certain energies from it.

3. Crystal suggestions?

4. How to keep them, example, are they ok in a small pouch inside my decks bag?

Thanks in advance

Fibbs
x

Onion Budgie

Hi Fibberty,

I'll try to help as best I can. :)

1. Crystals can be in either their original, rough, uncut state, or tumbled, or cut in cabochons or set for jewellery, and they will lose none of their power. Small crystals can be as powerful as larger ones. (Tumblestones are great for beginners, as they tend to be cheaper for being smaller. You can build up a good collection very quickly this way, while finding out at the same time which crystals work well with you.)

2. Nothing's set in stone. ;) What you or I may feel from a piece of Amethyst, for example, another person may have an entirely different experience with. I've certainly read of people feeling energies from "ordinary" rocks and pebbles from the beach, or their garden, etc, so it's all good. Go with what you feel.

3. Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz and Amethyst are a great base to start from, but go for what appeals to you!

4. I keep all of my tumblestones in a velvet bag, and they are fine. Some crystals are softer than others, such as Selenite for example, so you may need to take certain care, depending on what you buy.

I hope that helps a little! :)

FibbertyGibberty

Brilliant

Thanks Onion B! That's just the best response and so helpful!

Fibbs

Hemera

1. When keeping crystals with my deck do the crystals have to be in their original form? Example, I have a piece of Jade from New Zealand that was set in a ring once so has been shaped into an oval - Also I can get some such as Rose Quartz but it has been rolled (is like a small pebble).
I use crystals and stones in any form that I happen to have. I don´t think it matters if it is a raw stone, a tumbled one or set in a ring. I want to store a ruby with my Vampyres Tarot (because I know those Vampyres just love it) and I only have a tiny one in an old ring. So that´s what I keep in the pouch with the cards. (And I can practically hear the Vampyres purring over the ruby :D )

2. Although some readers advise certain stones and there is sometimes a difference depending on the user, is this set in stone? (no pun intended) Example, I have a piece of stone from the Blarney stone in Ireland given to me by a friend and I feel certain energies from it.
I am absolutely sure that this is up to each user. It is an individual thing. Whichever stone/crystal has the energies that *you* feel *you* need (or your deck needs) is the one you should use! :thumbsup:

3. Crystal suggestions?
There are some that are good for almost anything -like the ones Onion Budgie has listed. I´d probably add Aquamarine and Emerald to the list. (I´m not talking about expensive jewellery. They are available as cheap tumbled stones,too.)

4. How to keep them, example, are they ok in a small pouch inside my decks bag?
Yes.