Tarot reading side effects. Advice on maintenance?

bluelagune

My dear tarot family,

Today I would like to talk about tarot reading side effects and maintenance. (deviation in general.... )
I've been reading tarot for few years now but still consider myself a beginner or somewhat an intermediate level. One thing I've noticed is the side effects:
(1) when I first started reading there was a huge loss of HOPE and dread that followed when the outcome of the reading was negative. I think everyone here goes through this 'learning curve' and accepting the trust in higher power that things in life are not set in stone. So i'm now very good at maintaining my emotions when it domes to hope and tarot reading ((Check mark!))
(2) Timelines - I have realized that my timelines have intertwined. I noticed that I respond to events that have not happened yet and I'm scarring people unintentionally. So I learned to keep my everyday predictions to myself and I realized that saving everyone is not my job. People must learn their own lessons. ((Check mark!))

Here is the one I need advice on!

(3) Responding to peoples thoughts instead of conversations or actions = This one is a big problem for me!!! Sometimes I respond to a persons "thoughts" or wishes rather than the conversation and I'm not realizing it until it is too late. I responded yesterday to someones desire rather then the sentence they used and I did not pay attention. I think the gentlemen has noticed it too and this has scared me. I'm not sure how to be more aware of this? How to maintain my responses to the physical interaction rather than discernment? Are there any exercises you guys use to control ones responses?

So any advice is greatly appreciated!

Barleywine

Interesting question. I usually lead the conversation in the direction the cards are pointing, mainly by asking pertinent questions and cuing off of the sitter's responses. I keep it focused on the cards and the dialogue, not on my intuitive anticipation about what my querents may be thinking or feeling. Another thing I've always done is not ask for a question in advance, and let the cards speak their piece without my subconscious preconceptions about the querent's circumstances taking over. My informal motto is "I read the cards, not minds." The querent and the cards have a silent conversation via the shuffle and cut, and I pick up the thread from there.

bluelagune

Interesting question. I usually lead the conversation in the direction the cards are pointing, mainly by asking pertinent questions and cuing off of the sitter's responses. I keep it focused on the cards and the dialogue, not on my intuitive anticipation about what my querents may be thinking or feeling. Another thing I've always done is not ask for a question in advance, and let the cards speak their piece without my subconscious preconceptions about the querent's circumstances taking over. My informal motto is "I read the cards, not minds." The querent and the cards have a silent conversation via the shuffle and cut, and I pick up the thread from there.

Thank you. That's probably my mistake. I chat with people before I read. I'll try to read cards first and the ask specific questions! ☺

nisaba

(1) when I first started reading there was a huge loss of HOPE and dread that followed when the outcome of the reading was negative. I think everyone here goes through this 'learning curve' and accepting the trust in higher power that things in life are not set in stone. So i'm now very good at maintaining my emotions when it domes to hope and tarot reading ((Check mark!))

As I've become more experienced, I've discovered that even the most so-called negative cards have the seeds of their own repair in them. They always hint at how you can work on the situation in the real world to get the best possible outcomes.

Consider this: Do we consider the sound of a smoke detector in our home suddenly going off, a bad thing? Well it might be, because somewhere there's fire around. But the smoke detector gives us advance warning, and we can go looking for the fire and putting it out, or if it is more advanced, grabbing babies and pets and pulling them out of the house to safety. :) Smoke detectors don't start fires: they warn us so that we can take appropriate action to make things lot better for ourselves and the ones we love than they would be if the detector didn't go off.

In the same way, Tarot decks don't make anything happen, they just give us warning, so that we can take appropriate action to make things better for ourselves and the ones we love. Would you live in house without smoke detectors? Would you ignore them if they went off? Exactly - that would be foolish and dangerous. So have the odd check-up reading even when everything's cruisy - every six months, perhaps, just to find out what you need to prepare for. Negative cards are very useful and helpful, arguably more so than positive cards. They are your life's smoke alarm.

(3) Responding to peoples thoughts instead of conversations or actions = This one is a big problem for me!!! Sometimes I respond to a persons "thoughts" or wishes rather than the conversation and I'm not realizing it until it is too late.

<shrug> Most people don't even notice. Few people are "awake" enough to differentiate between their inner worlds and their outer worlds - if you reply to something they haven't actually said, they just assume they were talking to themselves and you overhead it. :) If you don't make a big deal out of it, they won't. If they are a bit more aware and question you, just say that you assumed they were thinking about it, you don't know why. That's a human thing - they will accept it.

headincloud

I don't see why there would be a need to restrict your answers just because they're intuitive, that's what you're getting paid for imho.

bluelagune

OMG I'm a total azz... sorry I forgot!
I will post all the responses right now!

bluelagune

As I've become more experienced, I've discovered that even the most so-called negative cards have the seeds of their own repair in them. They always hint at how you can work on the situation in the real world to get the best possible outcomes.

Consider this: Do we consider the sound of a smoke detector in our home suddenly going off, a bad thing? Well it might be, because somewhere there's fire around. But the smoke detector gives us advance warning, and we can go looking for the fire and putting it out, or if it is more advanced, grabbing babies and pets and pulling them out of the house to safety. :) Smoke detectors don't start fires: they warn us so that we can take appropriate action to make things lot better for ourselves and the ones we love than they would be if the detector didn't go off.

In the same way, Tarot decks don't make anything happen, they just give us warning, so that we can take appropriate action to make things better for ourselves and the ones we love. Would you live in house without smoke detectors? Would you ignore them if they went off? Exactly - that would be foolish and dangerous. So have the odd check-up reading even when everything's cruisy - every six months, perhaps, just to find out what you need to prepare for. Negative cards are very useful and helpful, arguably more so than positive cards. They are your life's smoke alarm.

<shrug> Most people don't even notice. Few people are "awake" enough to differentiate between their inner worlds and their outer worlds - if you reply to something they haven't actually said, they just assume they were talking to themselves and you overhead it. :) If you don't make a big deal out of it, they won't. If they are a bit more aware and question you, just say that you assumed they were thinking about it, you don't know why. That's a human thing - they will accept it.

Thank you Nisaba... yes I've learned my lessons the hard way. The 3 of swords doesn't always mean the heartbreak but also the "I'm so in love with you it hurts".. :)

And as to most people don't notice, I really hope so. However, I'm going to pretend like you suggested, its just a coincidence. :)

bluelagune

I don't see why there would be a need to restrict your answers just because they're intuitive, that's what you're getting paid for imho.

I don't get paid for this. Most of my tarot victims are volunteers and majority are skeptical. I would like this to be more of a fun conversation and not the 'co-dependent, she predicted my future, making someone addicted to you" type of deal. Hope this makes sense.