LANGUSTL- Lenormand

Open Arms

I suppose my feelings about snakes comes from being here in Australia. 18 of the worlds deadliest most dangerous snakes come from here. One snake isn't very ig but you are basically dead before you realise you have been bitten. We teach our children to consider all snakes dangerous...for safety's sake.

Maybe there is a more cultural bias to it than that. The snake in the grass is an old term for hidden enemies - waiting to strike. My LeNormand cards have the snake hidden in grass yet your symbol is similar to the cadecus of Apollo - the Greek god of healing.

Hmmm... cultural bias may need to be taken into account more when doing readings methinks!

~ Blessings and Light ~

WolfyJames

Open Arms said:
My LeNormand cards have the snake hidden in grass yet your symbol is similar to the cadecus of Apollo - the Greek god of healing.

I read somehere that Appolo was a god of destruction and famine, etc. and that in the past people believed that divinities capable of destruction were capable of undoing their bad actions, making them healers of some sort, which is kind of what happened with Appolo. He was believed capable of destruction but at the same time being capable of undoing what he was doing which made him a healer of sort. One of his son was a great healer as well. It's an interesting concept.

Langustl

Hi open arms!

It´s obviously true, what you say. Here in Germany nobody has to be afraid to be bitten by a snake. So we don´t really know, what a snake means. You will read the cards in another way, if you have a background like the Australien people. But nevertheless, I think, all these symbols got their two sides. For me it is interesting to consider the two sides of killing and healing in the same principle. It´s also a principle of illness and what it wants to tell us.

p.s. Debra, thanks again for the bable-fish translater. It´s a good help in writing here :love:

Langustl

The Fox

Hi, this is the FOX !

The main thing, I want to show is, he likes to test and go over borders. Sometimes it is wrong, but sometimes it is very right, because only if we are brave and dare to cross borders, we discover new possibilities ore we learn, where the borders are. The Fox is also the young person who is discovering the world and himself. If you go over borders, though you know, it is wrong, you get the aspect of the devil.

THE FOX: http://www.langustl.de/lenormandgross/14fuchsengg.html

14fuchs.jpg

All cards: http://www.langustl.de/lenormandmotiveeng.html
:love:

Debra

Ah, hallo again! I like the colors and the idea that he is crossing the boundaries, but it looks a little like he is crushed under the stone fence (it's not clear that he dug a little hole to get under the fence)!

Langustl

Hi Debra!

Thanks. Well, I guess, It´s not easy to cross that boundary (thanks for the right word ;)). Maybe sometimes you try it and the wall crushes down. Someone told me before, what you say, and I liked this way of looking on it. Someone also told me, the fox looks a little like a dog. I´m still thinking about, whether I want to change that. But also this is something I like. The Fox is in all of us. It´s not the enemy we don´t know. This young boy (girl) ore this devil is a part of everyone. What do you think?

Debra

I live in an apartment building that is on sand dunes beside the ocean. Late at night I often hear a high screaming sound, clearly a small animal dying. There are hawks here but I think they are mostly daytime hunters. A few weeks ago, I finally saw a red fox trotting across the dunes. He was completely confident, very alert, moving with great purpose. I found some holes in the ground (burrows) and maybe they are his...but there is no other sign that he lives here. So I agree, a fox is quick, quiet, alert, capable. In folk tales he is sneaky, clever, untrustworthy. In English, a sexy woman is "foxy." I like the idea that we find the "foxiness" in ourselves when we ignore the boundaries and cross the fence line. People want to kill these foxes, for their fur, because they eat chickens, and for hunting. But I like them--I like the way they look, and I like clever animals.

I think I might like this Lenormand fox more if he were leaping over the stone fence, because I see these as free animals, not struggling under the ground but trotting across the sand dunes!

Here is a link to some paintings of the dunes: http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/6aa/6aa191.htm

Langustl

This is a good thought, thanks ;) !

Langustl

Hi!

What do you think about this new conception of the fox? He jumps over the wall. The forest in the back gives him protection. But there is a trap in the garden, where he tries to get in. Maybe he will be punished for breaking the boundary.

http://www.langustl.de/sonstigefotos/fuchs2.jpg

Debra

Hmm. That's a very different idea!

So first I must say: I am flattered that you took my suggestion so seriously!

Now I must admit: I do not know enough about Lenormand cards to be a good critic. I should be quiet, because you have a better idea than I about the cards.

When I think about the fox, this is an animal that I WANT to like. (I don't know any foxes myself.) I WANT to like the fox because it is clever, and I respect cleverness. It is a "survivor" and I admire that. It is fast, and runs away from the hounds/hund, and it is red-haired, and I like all those things!

But in a Lenormand deck, I realize the FOX is not mostly favorable. It is a card of sneakiness, deception---like the animals under the Moon in Tarot. So now I don't know what to think!