Calling stones into creativity

HearthCricket

So, there I was, looking up information on putting a labyrinth in my backyard, staring at my Venus statue, and thinking about my polished stones and suddenly, the creativity kicked in. And what a meditative project it was! I also have crystals or other stones I could put in the center, but Venus wanted in. Thus, the Goddess Labyrinth is now in my family room!

Alta

HC, that is amazing. It is yours, and as you like, but really suggest that you try it with a plain base. To me the lace distracts and draws away the power of it.

xx Alta

HearthCricket

Alta said:
HC, that is amazing. It is yours, and as you like, but really suggest that you try it with a plain base. To me the lace distracts and draws away the power of it.

xx Alta

The lace was there, so I used it. Right now I haven't any plain cloth that would cover the entire table and not even sure what colour to pick, anyhow. I don't want to put the stones right on the wood and scratch it up. It was fun to do, and I am happy with it, considering it was a first attempt.

Elven

WoW! How wonderfully creative you are! And your labrynth is 'Goddess Divine' :D

and .. no offense to Alta here ;) ... but I like your cloth - it reminds me of an intricate spiders web - the weaver - the catcher - the feminine.

OK, Im bias :p ... I have a few of those cloths m'self too :laugh:

Lovely work, with or without the cloth :)

Cheers
Elven x

HearthCricket

Thank you, Elven! :) I am a lover of lace and it is all over the house. It fit well. Considering I am using a wide variety of coloured stones, I have no idea what colour cloth I would use that would not conflict with the colours of the stones or wash them out. Yes, the wood would look excellent, but the rocks would be scratching and spinning on them. The lace anchors them, as it is textured.

I am happy with it. :D

memries

That is really pretty Hearthcricket..I was having fun walking with my mind your Labyrinth. I kind of like the Spider's web idea as well.

HearthCricket

memries said:
That is really pretty Hearthcricket..I was having fun walking with my mind your Labyrinth. I kind of like the Spider's web idea as well.

That is exactly what I did with it, this morning! I walk through it in my mind! I love it. I could so get into perfecting this and keeping it out for a long time! Putting it together is very theraputic....seeing what colours you use, what patterns or what stone you put down next. I sort of would prefer to have a darker stone at the beginning, but this really worked for me. It allowed me to put my birthstone (blue topaz) as the first step into it, and that black and white jasper in front of the Goddess was a gift from my husband. It has a sort of Ying/Yang feel to it! And it makes for a funky screensaver, too! :laugh:

inanna_tarot

I love it!

And having knitted lace, it spirals so beautifully when its being formed, row on row in a lovely slow spiral... like the spiral/labyrinth around glastonbury tor for example.

Love it :D

Demon Goddess

Well done. :)

I know a woman from the craft shows and she makes a labyrinth like that out of flat stones and it's designed to use to meditate by running your finger along the pathway... Very cool.

I like yours.