How do you store your decks?

Tarot Orat

Most of mine are in the original boxes, except for those that didn't come in boxes (some of the self-published decks, trade decks where the person sent it in a bag). My main reading decks are in bags, though, so I can stick them in my purse more easily.

Storage is a CD tower - I need to upgrade to a full-width bookcase! - or inside a cabinet next to the CD tower. They like to live close to each other.

About those pesky critters:
Mice are repelled by the odor of peppermint. A little peppermint oil (not extract) on a cotton ball behind your deck-storage furniture will dismay them.

Silverfish like it damp and dark. Keep your deck storage area well-ventilated, open the boxes from time to time to air them out, and if they're in a well-lit place (not direct sunlight, but for instance in a room you spend a lot of time in and keep the lights on for long periods of time).

tarotbear

I just found this while noodling around... wouldn't this make the most awesome Tarot cabinet (for lovers of contemporary furniture).

case-furniture-masion-et-objet.jpg

Oh, YES! The narrow shelves on the sides are perfect for displaying Tarot tchotchkes! (I don't even want to ask the price! :bugeyed: )

Wintergreen

Oh, YES! The narrow shelves on the sides are perfect for displaying Tarot tchotchkes! (I don't even want to ask the price! :bugeyed: )

Me either. I didn't even try. If I even win the lottery, I'll buy us each one Tarotbear :D

greatdane

Big canvas tote bag with a kind of waxy finish to repel any kind of damp or anything. Also have sage and some stones in the bottom. I don't have a huge collection and it's a BIG tote!

Eeviee

I saw this thread come up and I had a thought...

Has anyone ever used one of those over the door shoe organizers? The ones with the clear see through pockets. I bet that would work nicely. And be easily accessible!

VampTarot23

Well..I store my decks in my step tansu. The drawers are long and deep. but I quickly am running out of room,oh and I store the deck kits in ziplock bags.

Winterchild

Shoe Thingy

I saw this thread come up and I had a thought...

Has anyone ever used one of those over the door shoe organizers? The ones with the clear see through pockets. I bet that would work nicely. And be easily accessible!

Yes....!... I actually made one.. and it is a great spacesaver. I dont have it anymore but the pockets are the perfect size. I didnt like the idea of putting my decks in plastic so used net etc... Very simple to make and you can customise them to your decor!!!

Grizabella

I store all mine in one of two footlockers I bought at Walmart. Once holds mine and the Nonny Mouse decks, one holds the books. If you doubt my dedication to Tarot and Nonny Mouse----my clothing is kept in one little bag. The rest of my belongings are in those footlockers. I do have a small library of classic books on my dresser, though, and some Buddha figurines.

Eeviee

Yes....!... I actually made one.. and it is a great spacesaver. I dont have it anymore but the pockets are the perfect size. I didnt like the idea of putting my decks in plastic so used net etc... Very simple to make and you can customise them to your decor!!!

That sounds fun! Do you happen to have any pictures you'd be willing to share?

Winterchild

Door thingy

I had a look but I think it got left in England when I moved here years ago..... I made it in my pre-digital camera days...so there wont be pics... but it was very easy to make. My main reason for making it at the time was that I lived in a tiny cottage with no space for anything! Now I have too much space!!

I used an old blanket as the backing to give it some strength and softness :) I cut it to size, mine was door width but shorter... and then cut strips of net and semi transparent fabrics that were about 8 inches deep and a bit wider than the blanket back. These I stitched on to fit the decks and books I kept in them. I literally would lie a deck on the backing, put the net over it to fit snugly and sew it in place.

I had smaller pockets at the top for crystals and my pendulums, incense cones etc. You can do whatever you like and easily add to it after. Just keep the larger pockets for heavier items at the bottom.

Hope this helps!!