The '12 Angry Men' film inspired spread

Karmagoth

Hi, this is the first spread I have made. I don't know if it's any good but I'm so excited about it I just had to drum up the courage and post. It's quite a biggie (12 or 14 cards) - but it's really easy to read, and can be fun.

It's inspired by the 1957 Henry Fonda film '12 Angry Men' which is one of my all time favourites. The whole film is set in a jury room, where the 12 jurors sit around a table and debate the guilt or innocence of the defendant. Each juror has his own personality and character traits, and I thought I would use them to create the position meanings. Hopefully, if you know the film you'll recognise them. As you might guess, the layout is 12 cards placed around a 'table':

Layout:

xxxx2xxxx3xxxx4xxxx5xxxx6xxxxx
xx1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7xx
xxxx12xxx11xx10xxxx9xxxx8xxxx

The cards in position 1 and 7 are placed horizontally so the 'characters' are still facing the table.

Position meanings:

1 What am I confident about?
2 What confuses me?
3 What do I regret?
4 What do I know?
5 What am I defensive about?
6 What do I respect?
7 What am I anxious about?
8 What is possible?
9 What do I notice?
10 What am I intolerant of?
11 What do I question?
12 What don't I know?

I sometimes add 2 additional cards:

13. What am I 'guilty' of?
14. What am I 'not-guilty' of?

There are a lot of cards there, but I don't think they all have to be read in depth. Sometimes I like to have a spread that tells you about yourself but doesn't necessarily bog you down. If it brings up any serious issues you could always do a clarifying spread.

It works best if you choose an area of your life or a situation rather than a question. For example you could choose 'my love life', 'my relationship with x', or 'my career' etc.

Anyway, as it's my first try, I hope I'm not WAY off course and it's rubbish! Feedback either way would be appreciated as I loved making it and want to do more.

Thankyou for your patience :)
KGoth x

Eyebright

Great spread Karmagoth, I look forward to using this one :)

Karmagoth

Thankyou Eyebright :) Sorry I didn't see your post sooner x

vee

This is an awesome idea! I don't use large spreads often but this one yes, I will try it soon.

Karmagoth

Thanks Vee :) I love large spreads, but I don't always feel like spending forever ploughing through the interpretations. This one can be quick or not - depending on how deep I feel at the time!