Introducing The Mutation Tarot

mutationtarot

Greetings all,

A couple years ago I got the idea to create my own tarot deck. I grew up with a Rider-Waite deck so one thing that interested me the most was the symbolism and I wanted to challenge myself to capture that same symbolism using non-humans. It took me a year and a half to do all 78 cards (and I work in Adobe Illustrator).

I know there are thousands of decks out there, but I think I've created something unique here. I've gotten some positive feedback about the artwork. My other half is helping me to promote it and we sourced a high quality printer already. We currently have a Kickstarter up (I'll find the appropriate place to post that :) ) but you can see all the card art on the site we put up http://mutationtarot.com/tarot-deck.html

Like I said, I wanted this to be a fantasy/sci-fi style deck but also a very readable deck. Other tarot readers have told me that they feel the symbolism is there and they could do a reading with it. I'd love to get anyone else's input on the overall deck or any of the art.

Thanks in advance!
Mario

Zedrex

These are lovely! I would totally get and use this deck!

blue_fusion

Wishing you success this second round! :)

Have you gotten your odd-sized samples/proofs? How are the cards? :)