Decks To Build Up Intuition

sunstallion

Hello,

Anyone knows any good deck to build up intuition ?

I am currently using John Holland's Psychic Tarot Deck, and I love it. But I look for some other decks that can enhance my intuition.

Thanks for the suggestions !

Melia

Perhaps the Transparent Oracle deck by Emily Carding. I don't have it, but the Transparent tarot, by the same creator, is a good one for developing intuition. I would imagine the Transparent Oracle would do the same.

Chronata

I guess it really depends on how you go about it.
But I can tell you of a few that really worked for me...

The first was the Celestial Wisdom (long OOP...but seriously you could make your own) which is a deck that consists of single words.
Words like Communication, Water, Dreams...and there are no colors or anything...just the words. And a pretty decent book.
What was amazing for me is how well it worked...choosing one card before a tarot reading, gave me an idea of what to focus on in the reading. The words would open up all sorts of ideas in my head, and I would blurt them out, and they would be spot on.

Another that worked to help strengthen my intuition was the Faerie Oracle(Froud)
The book tells you to spend time with each fae card getting to know it, and sometimes the card would open up to meanings that were vastly different than the ones in the book. Which was really OK...as it became much more my own oracle, and would work on a very personal and intuitive level.

And to open myself up to intuitive symbolism in general...
The Madame Endora cards
the Psycards
Both of these worked better once I shucked the book(or the keywords) and just used my own intuition to read them. Psycards have open psychological concepts that you can easily launch from...and Madame Endora has basic symbols that can mean so much more than what the card tells you they mean.

Zelmira

Another fellow Ater and myself have a thread using cards that come from a game called Dixit. The cards have no numbers or names, but the images are loaded with layers of meanings.

You can check the thread here and see how we are working with them:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=203967

I hope you joint us.

Blessings,

Zelmira

celticnoodle

For me, the one deck that helped was the Tea leaf oracle deck. Lots of cards in this deck, which is the one draw back, as you need a large space to use this deck. But, that said, the simple pictures on each card were very good for helping me to use & develop my intuition. This deck was re-released recently & is available in the Barnes & Noblebookstores here in the US.

Eta, I also have the John Holland deck & love it too! It is an excellentdeck to work with.

I also recommend a book by Nancy Antenucci that helps immensley with developing yourintuition using the cards. Theexacttitle rightnow escapes me, somethi g like "psychic tarot" and more into the title. PMmeif you wish, & I'll find my book to give you the exact title. You canuse it withany deck, and I've also adapted the exercises to use without cards too. An excellent & affordable book for this.

ana luisa

Adding to what Zelmira suggested I would have a look at the decks with the minimal input possible . Some that come to mind:

The Philosopher's Stone by De Es- http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/philosophers-stone-self-awareness/

I-Ching Holitzka- http://www.illuminationtarot.com/iching_hol.php

David's Tarot- http://10000things.com/wp-content/uploads/DavidsTarot.pdf

If you really need visual input, there's the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/sweet-twilight/

and on a totally different vibe and mood, this gem :
http://www.vickylewis.co.uk/Trees/index.html

For the Tree deck, I don't even read the definitions in the book but only the title. It is SUPER intuitive and uplifting too.

Good luck on your search ! :)

PS: I just realized you asked for oracles only but David's and TST are so different in their own ways that I use them as oracles... sorry !

newlillith

I'd suggest going with any deck that has art you LOVE. That way you can spend plenty of time looking at the pictures and seeing how different things stand out in different readings. For me, I love the Paulina Tarot and it's become my go-to deck. That's because the art is gorgeous and also it has enough details that I notice one stands out in each reading. I also recently bought Fairy Lights tarot and I LOOOOOOOVE how each card has a match, so that really gets me going on any spread. Finally, I thought the Mary-El tarot was perfect for developing intuition if you could trim it. The art is inspirational in itself and there's so much mythological/tarot/occult detail that you can immediately feel your intuition building.

The best way to develop your intuition? Listen to those voices that crop up when you're reading and any feelings you get in your body. Trust yourself and over time you'll see a huge improvement.

sunstallion

never mind...thanks for all of the suggestions. I have looked at the samples of all of them online, and boy, they are superhard that I couldnt tell anything intuitively.

Two other decks that click me are the new tarot deck of Doreen Virtue and the Oshon (or Oshen-the Asian deck). However, the new tarot deck of Doreen Virtue is a little too big for my hand that the cards keep falling out because my hand is small that it cant hold all of the cards. About the Oshon deck, like only half of the cards click me, and the other half are a little hard.

Padma

Best intuitive oracles, I find, are Colette Baron-Reid's decks. She has three out that I know of - Enhcanted Maps, Hidden Realms, and Avalon. Of the three, I find I prefer the Avalon best.

John Holland's Psychic tarot is the easiest oracle to use, I find. Very - clear. It reads really well.

For me, the Lenormand cards were a great intuition trigger :) I love them! I often use them to compliment other deck readings, as well - they seem to add another layer of prediction and meaning.